11 | Small Price to Pay

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

The northern part of the world was said to be the safest part of the world

The northern part of the world was said to be the safest part of the world. The rich men had gathered there, establishing various facilities to made them feel like they were living a good normal life without the androids' existence. Hospital, sea aquarium, swimming pool, and even the amusement park. The area was probably the only area where you could hear people's cheering, laugh, all that happy expression. The area was guarded by the world's best armies, said that not even androids could harm the place.

Gohan tightened his lips when he read the brochure because the thing about not even the androids could harm the place was rubbish. He watched Trunks still trying to change into Super Saiyan and noticed that his hair was getting spikier every minute he tried. However, it reminded him of Tenten showing him how her hair billowing freely in her form, not turning into the usual spiky hair other Saiyan had when she changed.

It might be a small detail he didn't need to think about but he didn't know why it bothered him.As an older brother, he felt failed not being able to answer her mysteries. If Piccolo or Vegeta were alive, they might know something—he was pretty sure of it.

Sighing, he went to the lake nearby and washed his face. While wiping his face with a towel, he watched the water reflecting the vivid image of his face. Gohan touched the scar that ran down the left side of his face, the scar he obtained when he lost one of his most important person—his mother. Shaking his head to dismiss the disturbing memory, he called Trunks for a break and served him the sandwich Tenten had made earlier for their practice. She skipped her training that day because she had to meditate and Trunks asked why.

"PTSD?" Trunk widened his eyes, almost dropping his sandwich.

Gohan nodded. "Ever since Goten's death. I opted for meditation therapy because I don't want her to take too many medicines. She has trouble sleeping, concentrating, and often blaming herself for Goten's death."Trunks felt like punching himself upon realising how she actually wasn't as cheerful as she appeared to be. "She kept telling me to keep this a secret from you, but... I think you should know because..." He smirked.