17 | Her Other Half

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

It had been months since their visit to the past

It had been months since their visit to the past. To make another trip, they had to wait until they gathered enough energy for the time machine. Bulma had been thinking of the technology to fill the energy faster than before and remembered that her father once used to do researches about it. That was the reason they ended up in the storage house filled with bags of dust and spider webs.

While helping them sorting the boxes, Tenten broke the silence that morning when a spider crawling on her hand, which was why Trunks ended up having to clean the webs, making sure it was spider-free before she could help him searching for the documents his mother was looking for.

However...

"There must be some left!" screamed Bulma as she clenched her fists then put two boxes in front of her aside to access the one behind them.

"But... didn't you say that Jii-san's notes were all gone when the androids destroy our lab?" asked Trunks as he helped his mother moved the box.

Bulma sighed as she covered her face with her palm. "You're right, Son..." she slowly shook her head, "but there must be something I've saved a long time before that."Trunks slightly frowned, knowing that with the brain his mother got, she didn't need to look at the old notes his grandfather made.

All she wanted to see was his handwriting, the proof that they were once doing researches together. Trunks understood that there were times when his strong mother had her weak moment when she missed her family.

"I'll keep looking for it, Kaa-san. Why don't you rest and eat the cake Tenten made for you?"

Bulma bit her bottom lip as she put her palm over her son's. "I'll do that." She left without saying anything. Trunks sighed as he continued his search.

"Tenten, how's it looking?" Trunks shouted to the upper level.

"Still no luck. Most of the things here are your things when you were a kid." She moved a box aside in the deeper part and lifted her brows when she saw a box with a very bad 'Treasure Chest' handwriting on top of it. She opened the box without hesitation, knowing that the handwriting belonged to none other than Trunks when he was a kid because his handwriting was as terrible as scribbles back then.She widened her eyes when she saw the precious doll she once treasured as a kid was there...