𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Evelyn trudged through the front door, her shoulders lumped and her feet heavy with exhaustion. It had been a long and dreary day at school, filled with challenging assignments, frustrating interactions, and a general sense of disconnection. As she entered the house, she found all the boys sitting on the couch, engrossed in their phones, seemingly oblivious to her arrival.

Sighing softly, Evelyn made her way to her bedroom, longing to change out of her uncomfortable school uniform and into something cozier. Once she had slipped into a pair of sweatpants and a soft hoodie, she ventured back to the living room, where the boys were still glued to their screens.

With a heavy heart, Evelyn flopped into the couch, draping herself across the laps of the boys without a word. Heeseung looked down in surprise as her head landed on his lap, and he quickly set his phone aside to cover her full attention, gently running his fingers through her hair.

"What's wrong, Eve?" he asked softly, concern evident in his voice.

The other boys looked up from their phones, noticing Evelyn's downtrodden demeanor. Sunghoon, ever perceptive, spoke up first, "Yeah, what happened at school today?"

Evelyn sighed deeply, her eyes reflecting the weariness of her soul. "It was just... a really bad day," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "In history class, I got into an argument with a classmate who kept interrupting me every time I tried to speak. Then, during lunch, I accidentally spilled my drink all over my favorite book, and in P.E. class, I tripped and fell during a relay race, making my team lose. It felt like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong."

Sunoo furrowed his brow sympathetically. "That sounds rough Eve."

Evelyn nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as she shared her burdens with her friends. "And to top it all off, I failed the test I studied really hard for," she added, her voice breaking slightly.

Heeseung's fingers paused in her hair, his expression filled with empathy. "I'm sorry, Eve," he murmured softly, his touch gentle and comforting.

Sunghoon reached out to squeeze her hand in a gesture of comfort. "We know how hard you work, Eve. Sometimes, things just don't go our way. But that's okay. We're here for you, no matter what."

A small smile tugged at the corner of Evelyn's lips as she felt the warmth of her friends' support enveloping her. Despite the challenges of her day, she knew that with her bandmates by her side, she could weather any storm.

As they continued to chat and plan ways to cheer Evelyn up, the warmth of the room and the soothing touch of Heeseung's fingers lulled her into a state of drowsiness. Before she knew it, Evelyn had drifted off to sleep, her head nestled comfortably on Heeseung's lap.

The boys exchanged soft smiles, careful not to disturb Evelyn's peaceful slumber. In that moment, surrounded by the quiet camaraderie of her friends, Evelyn felt safe and cared for, knowing that even in her darkest moments, she was never alone.