𝟎𝟐𝟕. 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞

Melanie at on the edge of the bed, her head throbbing with a relentless aches she could feel the pressure building behind her eyes, making it hard to focus on anything else. The migraine had hit her suddenly, leaving her feeling helpless and in pain.

"Mel, are you feeling any better?" Jay's voice broke through her fog of discomfort, his concerned gaze fixed on her.

Melanie shook her head weakly, a wave of nausea washing over her. "No, it's getting worse," she murmured, her voice strained.

Jay's heart clenched at the sight of Melanie in pain. Without hesitation, he moved to her sides wrapping his arms around her gently.

"I'm so sorry, baby," Jay whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Let me help you."

Melanie leaned into his comforting embrace, feeling a surge of gratitude for his presence. She closed her eyes, trying to block out the throbbing pain in her head.

"It hurts so much," Melanie whispered, her voice trembling with emotion.

Jays heart ached at her words. He knew how debilitating migraines could be for Melanie, and he hated seeing her in pain.

"Shh, I've got you," Jay murmured, his arms tightening around her.

Gently, he guided Melanie to lean back against his chest, his hands moving to rub her temples in soothing circles. Melanie let out a soft sigh of relief, the gentle pressure easing some of the tension in her head.

"Does the feel better, Mel?" Jay asked softly, his voice laced with concern.

Melanie nodded weakly, her eyes still closed. "A little," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

Jay continued to massage her temples, his touch gently and comforting. He could feel the tension slowly starting to ease from Melanie's body, her breathing becoming more steady.

"You're going great, baby," Jay murmured, pressing a kiss to her temple.

Melanie sighed, leaning further into his embrace. She could feel the tears pricking at the corners of her eyes, the pain and exhaustion overwhelming her.

"Jay," Melanie whispered, her voice soft.

"Yes, Mel?" Jay replied, his voice soft and reassuring.

"I'm sorry," Melanie choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I hate this, I hate feeling like this."

Jay's heart broke at her words. He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"Don't apologize, Mel," jay whispered, his voice filled with love and understanding. "I hate seeing you like this, but I'm here for you. Always."

Melanie buried her face in Jay's chest, the warmth of his embrace enveloping her. She let herself cry, the tears flowing freely as she released the pain and frustration.

"I love you, baby," Jay murmured, his voice a soothing balm to her soul.

"I love you too, Jay," Melanie whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

Together, they sat in the quiet of the room, wrapped in each other's arms, sharing a moment of comfort and love. In that moment, Melanie knew that no matter how bad the pain, she could always count on Jay to be there for her, to hold her close and soothe away the hurt. And in that simple, tender embrace, Melanie found the strength to face the pain, knowing that she was not alone.