𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Evelyn sat in her room, the soft glow of her bedside lamp casting shadows across the walls. She curled up on her bed, cocooned in the blanket of despair as the weight of her depression pressed down on her like a leaden weight. Thoughts swirled in her mind, a tangled mess of hopelessness and self-doubt that seemed impossible to escape.

A gentle knock on her door broke through the silence, and Evelyn's heart skipped a beat. She wasn't in the mood for company, especially now when she felt like she was drowning in her own misery. "Come in," she called out, her voice barely a whisper.

The door creaked open, and one by one, the members of ENHYPEN filed into the room, their faces filled with concern. Evelyn's chest tightened at sight of them, a mixture of gratitude and guilt churning in her stomach.

Jay stepped forward, his expression gentle yet resolute. "Evelyn, we've noticed that you've been... struggling lately," he began, his voice soft but firm.

Evelyn swallowed hard, her eyes burning with unshed tears. She knew she couldn't hide her pain from them any longer, but the thought of opening up to them was almost unbearable.

"I'm fine," she insisted, her voice wavering with emotion. It was a feeble attempt to push them away, to shield them from the darkness they threatened to consume her.

Heeseung stepped forward, his eyes filled with compassion. "You don't have to pretend with us, Evelyn," he said softly. "We can see how much you're hurting, and we want to help."

Tears pricked the corners of Evelyn's eyes as she listened to Heeseung's words. For so long, she had felt like she was drowning in a sea of despair, struggling to keep her head above water. But here were her friends, offering her a lifeline in her darkest hour.

"I just... I don't know how to deal with this," Evelyn admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "It feels like I'm suffocating, like there's no way out."

Ni-ki stepped forward, his expression filled with empathy. "You're not alone, Evelyn," he said softly, wrapping his arms around her in a comforting embrace. Evelyn's tears finally spilled over, and she buried her face in Ni-ki's chest, seeking solace in his warmth.

Ni-ki rubbed her back soothingly, murmuring words of comfort as Evelyn cried into his embrace. Meanwhile, Jake sat beside her, offering a reassuring hand on her shoulder, while Sunghoon fetched a box of tissues and passed it to her silently.

In that moment, surrounded by the unwavering support of her bandmates, Evelyn allowed herself to lean into their comforting embrace, feeling the weight of her depression begin to lift, if only for a moment. And amidst the turmoil of her mind, she knew that with the love and understanding of her friends, she could overcome even the darkest of days.

As the night wore on, the boys stayed by Evelyn's side, offering her words of encouragement and small gestures of kindness. And as the first light of dawn began to filter through the window, Evelyn felt a glimmer of hope stirring within her, knowing that she isn't alone in her struggle, and that together, they could face whatever challenges lay ahead.