𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝐂𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬

Melanie had been feeling a bit off all day, a mix of stress and the general weariness that seemed to come with the change in weather. As the afternoon stretched into evening, all she wanted was the comforting embrace of her boyfriend, Jay.

When she heard the sound of the front door opening, her heart leaped with anticipation. Quickly abandoning the book she had been pretending to read, Melanie practically flew to the entryway, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Jay!" she exclaimed as he stepped through the door, his face breaking into a warm smile at the sight of her.

Before he could even fully close the door behind him, Melanie was already in his arms. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and her legs around her waist, clinging to him as if he was her lifeline.

"Hey there, beautiful," Jay said, his voice filled with affection as he returned her embrace, his strong arms supporting her effortlessly.

Melanie buried her face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his familiar scent and feeling the tension slowly start to melt away. She let out a contented sigh, her body relaxing against his.

"I missed you," she murmured into his ear, her voice muffled against his skin.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Jay replied, his voice soft and soothing. "What's been going on?"

Melanie shook her head slightly, not wanting to burden him with the details of her stressful day. "Just... feeling a bit overwhelmed, I guess," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Jay tightened his hold on her, his arms enveloping her in warmth and comfort. "I'm here for you, Mel," he said, his voice filled with reassurance. "Whatever you need, I'm right here."

Melanie let out a shaky breath, feeling tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. She had been trying to hold it together all day, but now that she was in Jay's arms, it was like a dam had burst.

"I just... I need cuddles," she admitted, her voice trembling with emotion.

Without hesitation, Jay scooped her up in his arms, carrying her further into the living room. He sat down on the couch, cradling her against his chest as she buried her face in his shirt.

"Shh, it's okay, Mel," Jay murmured, rubbing his hands soothingly up and down her back. "I've got you."

Melanie let out a choked sob, the weight of the day finally catching up to her. She clung to Jay desperately, needing the warmth and comfort that only he could provide.

For what felt like an eternity, they sat there in the silence, the only sound the gentle rhythm of Jay's heartbeat beneath her ear. Melanie let herself relax into his embrace, feeling the tension slowly start to ease from her body.

"I love you," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"I love you too, Mel," Jay replied, his voice filled with tenderness. "More than anything."

And as they sat there, wrapped up in each other's arms, Melanie felt a sense of peace wash over her. No matter what the world threw at her, as long as she had Jay by her side, she knew she could weather any storm.