𝟎𝟐𝟓. 𝐂𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝

Melanie woke up with a dull ache in her abdomen, a familiar signal that her period had arrived. Groaning softly, she rolled over in bed, trying to ignore the cramps that were beginning to intensify.

"Ugh, not today," she muttered to herself, burying her face in her pillow.

But the responsibilities of the day beckoned, and Melanie knew she couldn't stay in bed all day. She had a list of chores that needed to be done around the house, and she was determined to get them done, cramps or not.

Dragging herself out of bed, Melanie made her way to the kitchen, where Jay, her boyfriend, was already up and brewing a pot of coffee.

"Morning, babe," Jay said with a warm smile, noticing the discomfort in Melanie's expression. "How are you feeling?"

Melanie managed a weak smile. "Just the usual," she replied, trying to brush off the pain.

But Jay could see through her façade. He knew how much the cramps could affect her, leaving her feeling drained and achy.

"Hey, why don't you take it easy today?" Jay suggested, pouring her a cup of coffee. "I can take care of the chores around the house.

Melanie hesitated, feeling guilty about leaving everything to Jay. "But there's so much to do," she protested quickly.

Jay shook his head, his eyes filled with understanding. " I know, but you need to take care of yourself first," he said gently, handing her the coffee. "You don't have to do it all alone, babe. Let me help you."

Melanie felt a surge of gratitude wash over her at Jay's words. She knew he was right, that she needed to listen to her body and take it easy.

"Okay," she relented, taking a small sip of her coffee. "Thank you, Jay. I really appreciate it."

Jay smiled, his eyes warm with love. "Of course, babe. Anything for you," he said, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Melanie leaned into his embrace, feeling the tension in her muscles begin to ease. She took a moment to savor the comfort of Jay's presence, the soothing warmth of his touch.

"Maybe just one chore," Melanie said with a playful smile, looking up at Jay.

Jay chuckled, knowing she couldn't resist the urge to be productive. "Alright, one chore," he agreed, kissing her forehead.

Together, they tackled the dishes in the sink, working side by side in comfortable silence. Melanie felt the weight of her cramps lessen as she focused on the task at hand, grateful for Jay's support.

Once the dishes were done, Jay gentle took the sling from Melanie's hand. "I'll take care of the rest, babe," he said, his eyes full of tenderness.

Melanie felt a surge of love for Jay wash over her. She wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his chest.

"Thank you," she murmured, her voice laced with emotion.

Jay held her close, his arms a comforting embrace. "Anytime, babe," he whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

In that moment, Melanie knew she was exactly where she belonged, in Jay's arms, surrounded by his love and care. And as the warmth of his embrace enveloped her, she felt her worried and pain melt away, replaced by a deep sense of peace and gratitude.

Together, they stood in the kitchen, wrapped in each other's arms, sharing a sweet moment of love and understanding. And in that simple, tender embrace, Melanie knew that she was truly home.