I can have any stockroom you'd like

It's starting to get dark and chilly. My coworker is already freezing, and I'm getting the creeps. We're exhausted, but in a good way.

"Should we go back?" I ask.

My coworker, sitting on the grass next to me, shakes his head.

I thought he'd say something, but he didn't. He's just staring forward and smoking a cigarette.

I smile. Does this mean he's enjoying himself?

He's cold, though. "Are you sure?"

He turns his body to me, but doesn't look at me. It's like he doesn't dare to make eye contact. "Do you prefer daytime or nighttime?"

"...I don't mind either," I reply.

"Then..."

He makes a long pause.

"Do you prefer to play tag and climb rocky hills, searching for the bits of sun pierce through the dense canopy, or do you prefer to sit in silence and harmony on moisty grass, as a cold breeze occasionally brushes against your face, and the moonlight reflects in your pitch-black, glossy eyes?"

I try to picture it. Or, at least, I try to choose between the two experiences. "They're both fine."

Does he mean my eyes? that's a specific way to describe eyes, and I seem to be the only one with dark eyes here. That part makes me shiver a bit.

"Pitch-black, glossy eyes?" I ask, out of reflex.

He crumbles up and puts his hands between his thighs.

"You know your eyes are gorgeous, right?" He's still not looking at me as he talks to me. "If I could, I'd stare at them all the time."

"Then, why aren't you staring now?"

He rubs his hand against his whole face. "Because they're too starry, and give me space motion sickness."

It's like every single nerve in my body split in half, when he said that. I try not to think about it.

I try to look at whatever he's looking at. Is it a star? The moon? The endless void?

He smiles awkwardly. "...The moon is beautiful tonight."

"Yeah."

The atmosphere around us is getting colder, despite the constant temperature.

"It's late. We should get going," I suggest.

"Will you stay over tonight?" He begs, subtly.

"Sure."

We make our way down the hill. It's so dark, I'm genuinely afraid I'll slip. Regardless of that, I'm having a great time.

I'm actually happy this once. Especially with my coworker.

The last rock my coworker supports himself with before stepping on the flat ground, scratches him a bit, and I hear him yelp. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it's just a little cut," he mentions, but I can see blood flowing out of it. "It hurts..." he whispers.

I grab his hand and wipe the blood around the wound with my bare arm. Not sure what to do, I decide to lick his finger off?

He shakes and smiles awkwardly. "W-W-W-W-What are you doing?!"

I detach my tongue from him, unintendedly making a squelching sound. "Saliva helps with healing."

His facial expression is frozen. I just pull him with me to the water.

"How do you know where the exit is?" He asks.