Okay what?

So I'm in the car now, sitting next to the guy who refused to teach me how that printer works, on the pretext of forcing me to ask him for help every time I have to use that mysterious machine, so he can follow me around like a dog.

We're on our way to my old apartment, but we're quite early, so I'm not sure if my landlord will be there.

"We still have plenty of time. We could go to a grocery store, or something..." I inform, interrupting his humming.

"Nah, let's get the rest of your stuff and wait for your landlord inside. I'm tired of all this driving!"

Speaking of tiredness, he does seem a tad quieter than normal to me. Of course I don't mind that he's finally shut up for once, but it's still somewhat unusual.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He thinks for but a little too long before muttering a hesitant "yes," making it rather obvious that it's actually a "no."

"If you're tired, we can go home. I can call my meeting off–"

"It's okay, I'm telling you! I'm just still exhausted from the fever. There's nothing to worry about."

He's a poor liar.

"Stop the car."

"Now? But..." he drives into the first narrow sidestreet he notices, and stops the car, as I had commanded him to do. "What's wrong?"

I push all of the keys and coins and whatever that's between us in the beverage holder aside, and climb over the arm rests and onto him, before allowing myself to kiss him in the same way that he tends to kiss me.

The driver's backrest drops onto the seat behind... unless he dropped it himself, causing me to unintentionally lie on top of him. I brush it off, and place my hands on the cushion, taking them off his chest. "There is something wrong. Clearly."

"If you're going to continue straddling me like that, I will not tell you anything." He grabs my waist and holds it steady.

"I can get off if you want–"

"No, don't." He sits up and awkwardly pulls me against himself. "This is nice."

"Your windows are see-through," I acknowledge.

"Then, why did you climb onto me in the first place?"

I pout, and poke my fingers into his face, like you'd do with a bowling ball. "Shut up and tell me why you're down."

For whatever reason, he traces circles on my thighs with his index fingers. "Oh, you know..." and now he's kneading them like dough, "it's been a while... I've been thinking profusely..."

He pauses, and switches to caressing my hands. "About?" I ask.

He smiles brightly, and pulls my face close to his, stopping right before our noses touch.

"We should have sex." His voice sounds enthusiastic.

"What..." I mutter to myself. "What?!" I yell, this time directed to him. "What?! What do you..."

Right...

Couples have sex.

And we've already surpassed the "no sex before marriage" principle, because we're not in a regular relationship.

"Suddenly my head feels really hot," I laugh hysterically. "Is this seriously why you're being all quiet and miserable?"

"...Nooo~" he rolls his eyes and releases my waist, so I can sit back down on the passenger's seat. "I'm just sad that I can't make out with you for eight hours in a row when we're at work."

I pout. "No one wants to see two men being intimate together. Besides, our employer always interrupts us..."

"Why do you think he redirected you to the cubicle next to mine? To interrupt us, of course." He lifts his seat up and starts the car, before driving in my old apartment's direction again.

We stare at the road in silence for a while.

Until my boyfriend parks his car in front of my old apartment building shortly after, and switches the car off.

I seize his palm before he exits his vehicle, ready to say something.

"Okay," I accept.

"Okay what?"

"We should... ...N-Nevermind. We..." If he forgot what we were talking to just a few minutes ago, it must've been unserious, but I still continue. "We should have... sex?" My head cringes downwards.

His smile vanishes, making room for a shocked expression to appear on his face. "Are you–" he accidentally chokes on his saliva, "you sure? Or are you just saying this because I pressured you to, somehow..?" His voice gradually becomes quieter. "Is this your final answer..?"

"H-Honestly, I don't know," I swiftly confess, "but we might as well... try, right? Although, I... don't know how it works. Especially not between men."

He starts visibly trembling and grinning perversely, like some kind of junkie under the influence. "You're brave for deciding that just now in these past few minutes! Let's go inside."

He peps up in a split second, before we head into the apartment building.

We chat a bit on our way upstairs, and I open the door to my old apartment, to find no one inside. My landlord hasn't come yet.

"So," I sigh, "what are we going to do now?"

"Get your stuff?"

"There's not much stuff left, aside from some furniture."

"Hmm," he hums, "how about..."

He checks me out again, in the same way as the last time we were in my old apartment. My body stiffens, believing he's going to do something weird again.

And as expected, he grabs my shoulders and pushes me against the wall. I just let him do whatever, awaiting him to steal a brief kiss or something, but instead, he hugs me, which is surprising.

I hug him back shortly after, unsure what he's doing. I start patting his back, but quickly realise there's something cold writhing under my shirt: his hand. My first worry isn't that however, instead, the fact that his hands are cold. "I-Is something wrong?"

But there is clearly no reason to worry, because he's giggling and smiling the entire time, as he nuzzles my neck. A pleasant shiver runs through my every nerve, making me exhale and close my eyes in relaxation...

I yelp as his fingers reach down my pants from behind and immediately try to push him away, but my skin has managed to get so sweaty, that whenever I try to grab his shoulders, my hands just slip. "Wha– wh– h-hey, what are you– my landlord–"

The front door creaks.