How about a little fun?

I should've worn a jacket... It's already night. What's gotten through me?!

Yeah, what's gotten through me?! Why did I try to kiss him? I should've never done it without his permission.

Screw that! I should've never done it in general, with permission or without, doesn't matter!

I'm disorderly wandering through the street, and rubbing my arms from the cold. I quickly realise I forgot to bring my phone with me. What if my coworker calls me...

No. Screw him. I shouldn't think about him.

Still, I have nowhere to go to. I didn't take the keys to my apartment, and I didn't take any money to pay for a night at a motel. I'm just so lost, so cold and so stupid...

I should've stayed with him, and we would've explained everything between each other, and it would've all ended just fine...

I feel awful...

I should go back–

"Hey!" A rather tall man grabs my arm before I manage to turn around and go back. "Is something wrong?"

"What? Do I know you?"

"No~ but we could get to know each other. Tell me what's wrong." He's making similar expressions to my coworker's, and still firmly holding my arm.

I feel weird. "Leave me alone."

"Come on~ you're alone, I'm alone, it's a beautiful night... I'll treat you to a drink," he offers.

"I'll pass."

"I promise I won't expect anything from you afterwards. It's on me."

All of this seems so suspicious, but... I'm just so lost, and I have nowhere to go... "okay."

We chat a bit, and walk into the local bar, where he buys us beers. We sit down across from each other, fairly secluded from the other guests. "So, what happened, and why are you so scarcely dressed at night time?"

"Scarcely? Sorry?" I don't think of myself as immodestly clothed.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's cold outside, and you aren't dressed properly– ah, nevermind." He sips on his beer. "Tell me, did your girlfriend break up with you? Did you get fired? Your parents kicked you out?"

"No... Eh, it's complicated. I shouldn't talk about it."

He sighs playfully. "Venting to a stranger has never hurt a soul. Go ahead."

I'm hesitant, but... he's right. What could a stranger possibly do with this information?

It's not like I'll see him again. "...You see, I... got rejected."

"She wasn't worth you. Full stop."

"Sh...I wasn't worth her." That's right. He thinks I'm talking about a girl. "No one's ever loved me as much as she does."

"Then, why did she reject you?" This guy doesn't seem invested in my story at all, despite asking for it.

"No, that's not it... she didn't reject my feelings. I just..."

"...Well?"

"I tried to kiss her," I confess, covering my face with my hands. "It's... really complicated. You wouldn't understand."

He bursts out in laughter. "She was probably just too shy, or it was her first time." His words are somewhat comforting. "Don't think too much about it."

"Maybe you're right..."

He's definitely right. It's not like my coworker doesn't want to know me anymore, after all. It was just a mild misunderstanding, but it's still embarrassing...

I swallow the last drop of my beer. "You want another one?" He asks.

"No, I have to go home soon."

"I insist." He looks at me with pleading eyes. "It's on me–"

"No," I say once more, but this time, much louder. I know myself, and I know that I'd definitely accept many more beers from this guy, but... I can't do it. I shouldn't drink more... for the sake of the person I love.

"Then," he sighs, "how about a walk?"

"Yeah, fine."

He finishes his drink, and we walk outside into the cold air again. He puts his arm around my shoulder platonically, warming me up a bit.

I feel bad.

I feel really bad.

"Should we head to my place?" He suggests.

"No, I'm going home. Thanks for the beer–" He suddenly pulls me into a dark alleyway, and pins me against the brick wall by the neck. It startles all the embarrassment out of me, and activates extreme fear. "You're not," he says.

"What... the hell are you... do...ing..." I'm squirming and struggling in his grip.

It hurts. I'm in pain. I'm scared. What's happening?

If only my boyfriend could take me away... and hold me close to his chest... so I can hear his heart beating, that calms me down...

"I haven't seen you around here. You're new, right?"

I'm trying to pry his hand off of my throat, to make some space for me to breathe, but it's no use. I don't have the strength to kick or hit him, because my body is practically frozen, and my mind is mainly focussed on my neck.

"How about a little fun? As a greeting~"

He leans into my face, and I instinctively turn my face to the side. He drags me up and down the bricks, caushing rashes on my cheek. "D-Don't get ahead... of yourself... You don't have... to do this.... Don't do this...."

"Your girlfriend didn't want a kiss, but I do. You still have the chance to make out with someone tonight~"

Is this the end?

All my first times that I've saved for the love of my life, will they be brutally taken by a passerby stranger?

Does it even matter anymore?

He becomes forceful, and before he pushes his tongue in my mouth, a hand emerges from the dark, and pulls him away from me by the shoulder, with only one tug, and throws him on the ground. How strong must one be to do that?!

The man releases my throat, and I immediately drop to my knees, in pain.

"Sincere sir, would you be so polite and leave my aquaintance alone?"

It's my employer's voice... Boss?! Oh Lord, I'm getting so fired... but for now, I'm coughing uncontrollably, and really scared.

The man who previously tried to assault me, seems to be the scared one this time. "Jeez, okay! I-I'm leaving..." He stands up. "And you, go screw yourself! You're dressed like a prostitute, and still surprised people want to..." As he's running away and dusting his clothes in the meantime, he's also yelling some nonsense at me, that I can't hear all the way, because he's too far.

What a terrifying man. "I'm not even dressed like a prostitute."

"You're not. He's delusional." My employer reaches his arm out to me. "I'll walk you home."