Chapter 1

It was a sunny Tuesday morning. A young girl, Song Y/n, was zooming down the streets of Seoul on her skateboard. Her long brown hair, flying in the wind. Blue headphones sat over her ears, Seventeen's rock with you was playing. It was her favourite group of all.

Y/n soon stopped, reaching her destination. A small cafe on the street corner. She liked working there as it never got too busy and the owners were a couple in their mid-thirties. As Y/n got to the doors, she saw the lights on, knowing the owners were in. She pushed the door open, the small bell ringing as she did, alerting the pair. 

"Morning Junny, morning Dae." She greeted softly, slipping her headphones off and turning off the music.

"Morning Y/n!" Dae replied cheerfully as Junny waved.

Y/n then went to the back room, putting her stuff up and getting her work apron on. She then went straight to work, setting up the coffee machines and watched as Junny placed more cakes in the display counter.

"How are you doing this morning?" Junny questioned.

"Alright, what about you?" Y/n responded.

"Good." He answered.

Y/n nodded and smiled. Junny wasn't a man of many words, more on the quiet side, compared to his girlfriend. Dae could talk for days. Speaking of Dae.

"Morning lovely!" She cheerfully called.

"Hi. You okay?" Y/n replied.

"I'm great. Happy the weather is so good!" She answered happily.

"What about you?" She returned the question.

"I'm alright." Y/n repeated.

"You should be excited! Your birthday is in a few days~" Dae sang.

"Oh yeah." Y/n remembered.

"Did you forget?" Junny asked with a small laugh.

"Slipped my mind." Y/n said with a shrug.

"Oh come on, you can't let what happened last year keep you from celebrating. Your twenty-five this year!" Dae exclaimed.

Y/n sighed softly. The past year's event was playing in her head. She just wanted a small get together with a few friends, who turned out to be backstabbers. All said they would go to her party, but a better offer came up. Y/n didn't have many friends but she thought she could trust them, now she's only got Junny and Dae, but she was okay with that now.

"I'll only work in the morning, how's that?" Y/n suggested to the pair.

"If you say soooo~" Dae replied, walking off to the back of the cafe.

Junny just laughed and followed his girlfriend as Y/n got herself set up. She wondered how many customers they would get today.