Chapter 2 - Weirdos

A/N: Thank you so much for the reads, comments and votes on the prologue & the first chapter!

I loved writing sassy Wonu in this part lol

.

'Wonwoo-yah!'

Shit, thought Wonwoo, trying to quicken his footsteps in the hopes of getting rid of Gyeongsu before he would catch up to him. Luck clearly wasn't on his side that day as a few seconds later the man was already walking next to him.

'Hi, I am about to brighten up your day, Honey' announced Gyeongsu and slyly put an arm around Wonwoo's waist.

'Oh, really? Are you planning to leave already? Because that would definitely brighten up my day' said Wonwoo and shook the arm off himself.

'I was planning to make your day with my presence' replied Gyeongsu and suddenly grabbed Wonwoo's book from the boy's grasp. He flipped through the pages. 'Why do you even read stuff like this, it doesn't even have illustrations' he said.

'You know, you need brains and imagination for books like this. Which you clearly don't have. Idiot' muttered Wonwoo the last part. Gyeongsu yeeted the book over his shoulder and it landed in a muddy puddle on the road, the man once again giving all his attention to Wonwoo. The boy narrowed his eyes and picked his book up, trying to dust it off as much as he could.

'So, we should go out today' continued Gyeongsu.

'Oh, sure. Go out of my personal space' shoved him away Wonwoo and he continued walking. He could already see their house from there.

'I'm serious. Let's have dinner together' said Gyeongsu, walking backwards so he was facing Wonwoo.

'Let's not. Now I'm sorry, but I need to go home to help my brother' added Wonwoo.

'Oh, of course, your brother. What is good old Seungcheol up to these days?' asked Gyeongsu.

'That's none of your concern.'

'Did he set your house on fire again?'

'He didn't! Don't talk about my hyung like that!' glared at him Wonwoo. 'For your information, Cheol hyung is a real genius-'

He couldn't even finish the sentence when a loud BAMMM was heard from the direction of Wonwoo's and Seungcheol's house. Wonwoo cringed and gasped (great timing, Cheol, he thought to himself), and turning around he saw smoke erupt from the direction of the basement door.

He heard snickering from behind himself and he saw that Gyeongsu and his best friend and side-hoe, Insu (who Wonwoo suspected has a crush on Gyeongsu from the way he was following him everywhere and did whatever he said) were dying of laughter. Wonwoo let out a growl before beginning to run towards their house.

'Seriously, these brothers are like two clowns' said Insu wiping his tears of laughter. 'Are you sure you want that one?' he questioned, looking after Wonwoo. Gyeongsu hummed.

'Why wouldn't I? He is beautiful and smart... his beauty almost matches mine' he added, being the narcissistic idiot he was. Insu nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile Wonwoo bursted through the gate of their small house and immediately rushed towards the basement door, opening it up. Smoke and dust flew outside and Wonwoo coughed.

'Hyung! Hyung, are you okay?' he yelled since he couldn't see a thing because of the thick smoke.

'I'm fine' came his brother's voice from inside. Wonwoo gasped for air and waited a few seconds until the smoke all went out through the door.

His older brother was sitting on the ground next to the machine he was currently building. His dark hair stood in different directions, and his hands, clothes and face had dirty smudges all over them, except for around his eyes where he previously wore his googles - he looked like some reverse panda. Around him different tools were thrown everywhere with occasional pieces of wood he used for testing the machine.

Now about Seungcheol: he was an amateur inventor (the focus is on amateur), hoping to be discovered for one of his inventions one day. Unfortunately that day still hasn't come yet, and seeing the results of the experiments, Wonwoo was a tiny bit skeptical about Seungcheol's achievements and he was worried his brother might blow himself up before the day of him being recognized would come. Still, he was Cheol's biggest supporter and always had his back, especially when it came to everyone else calling him a mad man for constantly setting stuff on fire or blowing things up by pure accident. Just like now.

'It blew up' informed Seungcheol his younger brother, even though Wonwoo could already tell it from the explosion and the smoke. Seungcheol has been working on a woodcutter machine for a few weeks now, which would definitely make their lives easier if it worked. He was only supposed to pull a handle and the machine would dispense a piece of wood, cut it with its built-in axe, and with the help of a spring it would directly throw the cut wood into a holder, they would only need to throw it in the fireplace.

Yeah, that was the plan. And don't ask me how that would work out, I'm good at physics but not to this level.

'I assumed that. Did you get hurt?' asked Wonwoo and helped Seungcheol up.

'No, I'm okay. I just need to add a little something and it will work out just fine. Can you give me the wrench?' asked Cheol as he put on the googles he wore when working on the machine and crawled under it.

Wonwoo went to the table to get a wrench. 'Hyung? Do you think we are weirdos?' he asked.

'Of course we are. Why else would we have no friends?' came Seungcheol's muffled voice from under the machine.

'Aren't you supposed to be motivating?' asked Wonwoo and slid the wrench under the machine for his brother.

'Wonwoo-yah, if you're looking for motivation then don't come to me' said Seungcheol. 'I'm saying the truth.'

'I know.'

'What's up outside?' changed the topic the older.

'I got a new book from the library. Jisoo and Seokmin are still being oblivious and I ran into Gyeongsu' summarized Wonwoo.

'Oh, Gyeongsu? That drool-headed guy who keeps flirting with you?' asked Seungcheol. Wonwoo laughed in disbelief.

'Drool-headed? Is that even a word?'

'Now it is.'

'But you're right. He is a dick.'

Seungcheol crawled out from under the machine. 'And now, watch the magic work!' he exclaimed and pushed his googles on top of his head, then wiped his hands in his pants and went to pull the handle on the machine, not even giving time for his younger brother to protest. Wonwoo got ready for another explosion, but from the inside of the machine suddenly a piece of wood rolled out, then the axe cut it in half and the spring shot it out. Wonwoo and Seungcheol both crouched down as the pieces flew over their heads, directly into the basket Seungcheol prepared for the testing.

'It worked!!' yelled Wonwoo excitedly.

'Holy shit, it works!!' exclaimed Seungcheol in disbelief and the two brothers high-fived each other. Seungcheol looked at his invention with sparkling eyes.

'I'm going to take this to the fair next week!'

.

A/N 2.0: I'm actually mixing the Beauty and the Beast live-action movie with the animated one because there are details in both that I love so much - but of course I'm also adding my own touches to it as always, I hope you like it!

See you next Sunday - uni starts for me tomorrow so I won't have time to update on weekdays. Happy Dino day and Lunar/Chinese New Year by the way! <3