Chapter 16 - In The Night

A/N: So... thoughts on the comeback?!?!?! Maestro is so lit!! What's your favorite song from the new ones?

.

Seokmin tightened his cape around his shoulders as he felt the weather become cooler and cooler as he walked deeper inside the forest, following the path where Seungcheol - hopefully - went.

This was definitely a bad idea, he thought as he continued his journey. Everybody knows that I'm a coward, did I really have to follow him when I have no idea where I'm going and it's cold and dark...?

But he couldn't help it. Seungcheol was out there alone and hurt. He was still sick and his leg was far from healed. Someone had to find him before it was too late.

A distant howl echoed through the sounds of the wind blowing and Seokmin flinched. It was already too much for him trying to follow the right path in the dark and constantly hearing noises everywhere, but wolves... that was way more than what he prepared for. Considering that he wasn't prepared for a night trip in the forest at all.

Should he turn back?

No, he can't. This is about Cheol.

He sighed and continued walking, but he barely took a few steps when suddenly the noise of someone stepping on a branch startled him. He turned around swiftly. In the darkness he could see a dark shadow. And it was coming towards him.

'AAAHHH!!' he screamed and turned back, beginning to run as fast as he could. The lantern in his hand was swinging left and right, making the shadows look like if they were moving around him. It made finding the path even harder than before. He could already hear footsteps following him, and birds took off with loud screeches of complaints because of the sudden disturbing.

As he jumped over a fallen tree, the lantern suddenly slipped out of his hand and fell on the snowy ground. He only contemplated for a second whether to pick it up or not, but he decided not to. As he was about to continue running, suddenly a hand yanked him back by his wrist.

'SEOKMIN YOU DUMBASS IT'S ME!!' yelled a familiar voice. Seokmin finally stopped screaming and stared at the other who picked his lantern up and held it up while both of them were panting heavily.

'J-Jisoo hyung' he whispered out of breath. Jisoo let out a shaky laugh.

'Holy crap, are you alright?' he asked, directing the light at Seokmin, examining the disheveled state of the younger. His cheeks were tinted red from the cold and running, and he was trying to catch his breath.

'I-I thought- You creeped me out!!' cried out Seokmin and not minding the drama earlier with Seungcheol spilling the tea about his crush on Jisoo, he buried his face in the older boy's shoulder, muffling his sobs.

'Hey, it's okay! I'm so sorry for scaring you... I know both you and Seungcheol would be creeped out from the night forest so I followed you. Minnie, it's okay' said Jisoo quietly, patting Seokmin's back and pulling him closer in his embrace. He hoped Seokmin can't feel how loud his heart is beating from their closeness. He held the younger, waiting for him to calm down.

Seokmin inhaled Jisoo's scent, not wanting to let him go. He is obviously hugging him just to help him calm down, but at the moment Seokmin didn't mind being pitied. He was glad to be in the embrace of the boy he loves the most. He could feel Jisoo's heart beating really fast, but it was of course because of all the running they did.

'Are you okay now?' asked Jisoo. Seokmin pulled away from the hug and wiped his face.

'Um yeah, I'm fine.'

'Then let's go. We've got to find Seungcheol' said Jisoo, holding Seokmin's lantern up. With his free hand he subconsciously grabbed Seokmin's hand, entwining their fingers and pulling him behind himself, the two of them continuing their journey to find their injured friend.

.

Mingyu stepped inside the ballroom of the castle and was taken aback from the sight. The usually so dark and empty ballroom now seemed almost lively. The lights were all on, engulfing the room in a bright warm light. The whole room was cleaned thanks to Jihoon and all the cleaning equipments. And most importantly, from the direction of the door opposite from him entered the man who made Mingyu feel alive again every time he saw him.

Wonwoo looked just as amazed by the ballroom as Mingyu, his eyes scanning the room with his lips slightly parted. Their eyes then met and Wonwoo smiled at the beast. Jun really did a great job with styling Mingyu, he wore a suit and his fur was brushed.

Mingyu's lips subconsciously turned into a smile, not being able to take his eyes off Wonwoo. The boy's hair was nicely combed and styled so his forehead was showing, and he was wearing a suit too. He looked mesmerizing to Mingyu and probably that was the moment when the beast realized that he is indeed in love.

He walked up to Wonwoo, trying to figure out what he should say, but before he could've spoken up, suddenly music filled the ballroom. They looked towards the corner and saw that the musical instruments began playing by themselves.

Mingyu turned back to Wonwoo, then seeing that the man wasn't creeped out, he bowed towards him, holding his hand out, asking him for a dance without a word. Wonwoo bowed too and accepted the hand, the two of them slowly beginning to dance in each other's arms.

The music continued playing, then Jeonghan's soft voice joined it as he began singing.

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast

.

A/N 2.0: *cringes* *hides under bed* *dies* SORRY I'M SO BAD AT WRITING THIS KIND OF SCENES LMAO