Chapter 13 - Getting Along

The servants of the castle surrounded the big armchair in front of the fireplace where their Master was sitting. Wonwoo was sitting on a step stool next to him, wetting a towel in a bowl of warm water. He reached his hand out and pulled the beast's injured arm towards himself, bringing the towel closer to clean the still slightly bleeding wound.

'It might sting a little' he warned and dabbed the towel on the beast's furry arm. The beast growled loudly and Wonwoo just managed to pull his arm away in time before he would've bitten him.

Seungkwan and Soonyoung cringed watching the scene, but to their surprise Wonwoo wasn't the one to back away that easily.

'Hey! Grow a pair!' he yelled. Mingyu avoided his eyes and Wonwoo continued cleaning the wounds. Then he grabbed another tissue and put some liquid on it, dabbing it on the wound carefully. The beast growled loudly, but by now Wonwoo was already expecting the attack and moved backwards before he would've bit off his arm.

'Bitch!' he yelled at the beast.

'It hurts!' he shouted back.

'Really? You sound like some kid falling on the playground! Seriously, do you even see yourself?! You're a big mighty beast who whines because of a little sting?!' mocked Wonwoo. The servants were watching amusedly. No one ever dared to talk back to Mingyu like that, maybe except for Soonyoung.

'Well, if you weren't such a whine and didn't run away, I wouldn't have to fight off all those wolves who would've torn you apart in a second!' fired back Mingyu. Wonwoo sighed and sat back properly on the step stool.

'You know what? You are right' he admitted. Mingyu looked at him in surprise. Wonwoo continued. 'I'm sorry for going to the west wing. And for being nosy. Please don't blame them' he gestured at Seungkwan and Soonyoung. 'They told me not to go, it was me being too curious. Thank you for saving my life' he said quietly. Mingyu was so in awe that he didn't even flinch when Wonwoo continued treating his wounds.

'You're welcome' he said finally. 'And I'm sorry for acting like that' he added. 'I'm not used to having guests in the castle.'

'How about we start things over?' asked Wonwoo looking up at him. For a few seconds Mingyu just stared at the boy. The way he looked at him with the fire from the fireplace reflecting in his eyes was just mesmerizing. He looked ethereal. The beast slowly nodded and Wonwoo held his hand out for a handshake.

'I'm Wonwoo.' The beast slipped his big hurry hand in Wonwoo's slim one.

'Mingyu. Please, make yourself at home in the castle.'

.

Wonwoo watched as Mingyu was sleeping soundly in his king-sized bed. The beast almost looked peaceful, his chest rising with every breath he took. Wonwoo took care of his wounds, now his arms were wrapped up and slowly healing.

Still, he lost a lot of blood and was exhausted. It's been two days since the incident and Mingyu still had to recover. To the staff's surprise (and luck), Wonwoo took it his personal job to take care of their Master, since it was basically his fault that now he was in such condition.

That's why he spent most of his time sitting next to Mingyu's bed with a book he got from the shelf in his own bedroom, reading out loud stories to the still sleeping beast, and also to take his mind off everything. He missed his village, his brother and his friends, but he was also worried about Mingyu.

'They were ready to die for each other' he read it out loud. 'And the book said about true love that-'

'... that it happens when you love someone else more than you love yourself' finished the quote a quiet voice instead of him. He looked up surprised, only to see Mingyu awake, staring at the ceiling with sleepy eyes.