Chapter 5 - Mission Find Cheol

'I wish I understood how your brain works, hyung' said Wonwoo as he walked over to another section in the small garden of his and Cheol's house, continuing watering the plants.

'My brain works just perfectly fine, Wonwoo!' argued Jisoo.

'I have a solution for you' said the younger, getting Jisoo's attention. 'Why don't you just confess your feelings for Seok?' he asked, making Jisoo let out a gasp of terror.

'Wonwoo!! I can't do that!'

'Why so?' rolled his eyes Wonwoo. 'He totally fancies you. You two's feelings can be seen even from the moon.'

'You're only saying this to make me confess to him! But what if he doesn't like me back? What if he would judge me for it? He would just run away and leave me here and even our friendship would be over, probably he doesn't even like boys, oh my god, he is going to marry some beautiful girl and I'm going to die alone-' gabbled Jisoo. Wonwoo wanted to bang his head on the wall because of his friend's obliviousness.

Suddenly Jisoo slapped his palm on his mouth and Wonwoo looked up to see what caused the sudden change of behavior. It was none other than a certain Lee Seokmin jumping over the gate right between Wonwoo's tomato plants.

'Wonwoo hyung, you'll never guess- oh' gasped the youngest when he spotted Jisoo standing there with Wonwoo. 'H-Hi, Jisoo hyung, sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you around' he stammered, cursing at himself for sounding like an idiot. But he couldn't help it, for some reason he always sounded like that when he was around Jisoo.

'It's all good' said Jisoo with a chuckle and he smiled at Seokmin, looking slightly nervous. Seokmin frowned.

'What's wrong?' he asked, walking closer to them. Wonwoo then decided to take the matters into his own hands.

'Oh, you know, Jisoo was just telling me about this special someone-'

'Wonwoo!!' cried out Jisoo. Seokmin's breath hitched. Special someone...? He felt a pang in his chest. He thought he and Jisoo had something between them, but who knows, it was probably just Seokmin thinking more to it. He should seriously stop dreaming.

'He is exaggarating, Minnie' said quickly Jisoo. 'There's no one, he just wants to bully me' he added. Seokmin felt somewhat relieved and he let out a small chuckle. The two made eye contact and both blushed slightly. Wonwoo watched their interaction amusedly, accidentally lowkey drowning the plants in water as he forgot that he is actually gardening meanwhile.

'What did you want to say, Seokmin?' he asked out of nowhere, snapping the two boys out of their staring contest.

'Umm... I don't remember' admitted Seokmin. Wonwoo huffed. He had no idea what kind of spell Jisoo casts on Seokmin every time, but it really seemed like the youngest would forget about everything just by looking at Jisoo. Wonwoo was about to say something when-

'Hi Wonwoo!' greeted a cheerful voice from the gateway. It was Gyeongsu who simply welcomed himself inside the garden. Wonwoo grimaced.

'Fuck off' he answered kindly.

'Feisty' snickered Gyeongsu.

'What do you need, idiot?' asked Seokmin as he and Jisoo stood on Wonwoo's two sides.

'Chill, pretty boy. I came to ask out Wonwoo for dinner' said Gyeongsu confidently. This guy really has no dignity, thought Jisoo.

'Awesome, how about never?' asked back Wonwoo. Gyeongsu gave him an unamused look.

'You know, Wonwoo-yah, most people in this village would kill to be in your place now.'

'I'd appreciate if they just killed me right now' muttered Wonwoo and refilled the watering can with water.