Chapter 7 - No One Here Has Manners

A/N: Thank you for 1K reads!!

.

'Mingyu-yah.'

The beast growled at the candelabra placed on the windowsill. He just came back from throwing his prisoner - well, his first prisoner as he now had a new one - out. He took Seungcheol outside and despite the man's panicked yells he shoved him in a carriage on the yard of the castle. The carriage then began rolling by itself, taking the man home.

Well, Mingyu actually didn't give a shit anymore where it takes him.

All this drama for a single rose... has everyone gone nuts lately?

'What?' he glared at the candelabra now. It seemed to be unfazed by his reaction, throughout the years getting used to Mingyu's constant bad mood. It rubbed its arms together, making the candles light up again from being blown out by the wind previously.

'You know, I was thinking-'

'It's never good when you're thinking, Soonyoung.'

'Anyways~ I thought, since this boy will probably live in the castle permanently, maybe you could give him a proper room instead of letting him sleep in this cold cell, you know' continued Soonyoung unbothered, touching the candle on top of his head with one of his arms so that it lit up too.

'Why should I?' growled Mingyu.

'So that he won't think you're a bitch and a bad host' glared back at him the candelabra.

'Host!' snorted Mingyu. 'In case you didn't realize, he is my prisoner, not my guest! And he is here because he wanted to stay here instead of that thief of his brother-'

'But he is pretty' butted in Soonyoung. It made Mingyu shut up for a second.

'He is' he admitted. 'So what?'

'Maybe you should start trying to act like a normal person and not some insane beast to get him to like you!'

'You should get checked up, Soonyoung, I think your brain has melted' said Mingyu gesturing at the candle on top of Soonyoung's head. 'He is just a dumb pretty boy. I have nothing to do with him' he added.

Soonyoung was about to make another snarky comment, but he felt a sudden cramp in his right arm and he hissed as his arm stiffened for a second. This used to happen to him and the other objects around the household quite rarely, but as Mingyu's 21st birthday was coming up and the petals of the rose kept falling, the cramps and the stiffness became more and more frequent. They all knew what it means: if Mingyu fails to learn to love and be loved back by his 21st birthday, they are going to stay objects forever.

The movement and Soonyoung's pain didn't go unnoticed by Mingyu. Despite being known for being so cold-hearted, he cared about his staff. They were his only friends after all.

'Whatever' he mumbled quietly and grabbed the candelabra from the windowsill and held him up to make some light, then went back up to the cell.

The boy meanwhile crawled inside the cell and was now sitting on the cold ground, sniffling and sobbing into his cape. He looked up hearing the steps of the beast and he glared at him. Mingyu had to admit, the boy was actually really pretty. Even now that his eyes were red from crying and tears stained his cheeks.

'You didn't even let me say goodbye to him!' he said angrily. The beast acted like he didn't even hear it.

'I'll show you to your room' he growled. The boy's expression changed into a confused one.

'M-My room?'

'Or do you want to spend the rest of your life in a cell?' glared at him the beast.

'Real charming, Kim' muttered the candelabra in his hand sarcastically. Mingyu didn't say a thing just turned around, expecting the boy to follow him.

Even though Wonwoo would've rather been bratty to make his captor's life harder, he realized that he would rather spend the rest of his days in a room than in a cold and dark cell. He can think of ways to annoy the other to hell, and possibly find a way to escape later.

The trip to Wonwoo's new room - which was in one of the towers of the castle - was quiet. The beast was walking in front of him, carrying the candle holder, showing the way.

'Talk to him, Mingyu' whispered the candelabra. Mingyu grimaced but decided to state the rules. He cleared his throat.

'The castle is your new home. You are free to go wherever you want to' he said. Wonwoo acted like he wasn't listening but he noted everything in his mind, despite not completely understanding why would his captor let him live just like that in the castle... then what's the point of him being a prisoner? Mingyu continued. 'Except for the west wing. It's a forbidden place.' Wonwoo also noted to definitely check out the west wing later.

'This is your room' stopped suddenly the beast in front of a door and opened it. Wonwoo basically rushed inside and slammed the door behind himself.

'You should invite him for dinner!' suggested Soonyoung, trying to help his Master as the other finally put him down on a table. Mingyu groaned.

'And you'll have dinner with me!' he shouted at the door. Soonyoung would've facepalmed if his hands weren't candles that were on fire right now.

'Fucking dumbass, this is how you impress men?!' he asked. Mingyu growled at him and he backed a step out of instinct.

'I have no idea how to impress men so shut the fuck up, Soonyoung!'

'I'm your hyung, have some respect!'

'You're a fucking candelabra! And I'm your prince, have some manners!'

'Well, I'm a fucking candelabra and you're a fucking beast, so no' sassed Soonyoung. Mingyu held him up.

'Whatever. Let's go now' he said and stormed away on the hallway with Soonyoung in his hand.

Wonwoo waited till he couldn't hear the monster's footsteps anymore before dropping down on the king-sized bed in his new room, burying his face in the pillow. He couldn't stop thinking about his brother and he just realized that he left his friends behind too... he probably won't ever see Seungcheol, Seokmin and Jisoo again.

His heart clenched at the thought. He wished to be back home, in the safety of his house with his hyung.

He hiccuped, his pillow muffling his sobs, unaware of waking up someone else in the room.

.

A/N: To be continued! This was a shorter chapter, but next week's update will be much longer. Hope you liked it though, see you next Sunday!