Chapter 6 - Prisoners

'Hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung-'

'Oh, shut up, will you?' groaned the teapot standing on the kitchen table next to a tub, supervising as the silverware washed themselves. 'What is it?'

'There's a boy in the castle!!' exclaimed the teacup jumping forward on the table. It made the teapot turn around and roll his eyes.

'Yeah, sure thing, aegi.' His skeptical reaction made the teacup huff and grimace.

'I saw the boy with my own eyes! He is tall, dark and handsome... just like Master Mingyu hyung!! Well, like he used to be... But what if this boy is the one we've been waiting for?! The one who could defeat the curse??'

'Lee Chan, stop this-'

'Hyung, Mingyu hyung is turning 21 soon, what if this boy is our last chance? And only chance... no one ever approached the castle ever since we got cursed! And now here's this boy! This must be a sign!'

'You were probably hallucinating' said the teacup stubbornly. 'Get in the tub, you need to be clean before going to sleep' he instructed. The teacup rolled his eyes and jumped inside the tub along with the silverware grumpily. The teapot continued. 'You always keep seeing things, Chan! Even if there was a boy in the castle, why would anyone come here on their own will?'

'He is the brother of the man Master Mingyu imprisoned earlier' came a soft voice from behind the teapot. He turned around to face his other friend who was now a feather duster. 'I saw him too and heard him say he is looking for his brother. Chan is not exaggarating... at least this time.'

'Hey!' came an annoyed yell from the tub.

'Shut up, teacup!'

.

But now back to Wonwoo, who was wandering through the castle's dark and cold hallways and staircases alone, even though he had this weird feeling that he is being watched. Everything looked so damn creepy and abandoned in the lack of lighting that he seriously wondered what the fuck he is actually doing in the castle... but he knew his brother is inside somewhere. Philippe knows where he took him, he trusted their horse's senses. Seungcheol has to be here somewhere-

Suddenly a door slammed behind him with a loud bang, making the boy gasp and turn around. No one was there, but his eyes landed on the door he passed by just seconds ago. Someone had to go through that door, he knew it. Maybe that someone knows where his brother is?

He rushed back and opened the door, peeking inside. He didn't see anyone. He grimaced in disappointment, but then he spotted a staircase that led upwards. Faint light could be seen from upstairs. Maybe that someone is there. His heartbeat quickened.

'Hello? Is there anybody there?' he asked hopefully. 'I'm looking for my brother!' he added and began climbing the stairs to the small tower.

A candelabra was placed on one of the windowsills as the staircase took a turn, that was where the light was coming from. Then someone had to be here not that long ago, seeing that the candles were still burning. Wonwoo passed by it, watching his shadow grow bigger because of the light, then he reached the top of the staircase - and exclaimed in his surprise.

'Hyung! Cheol hyung!!' he gasped when he saw the row of prison cells. In the cell in front of him there sat his brother on the cold ground.

'Wonwoo-yah?!' asked Seungcheol, his voice hoarse from not talking and from the cold. He coughed.

'Holy shit, hyung! How did you end up here? What is this place?' Wonwoo rushed up to him and kneeled on the ground to be on eye level with his hyung. Seungcheol reached out from inside the cell and grabbed Wonwoo's hand. Wonwoo gasped. 'Oh my, you're ice cold! You're gonna freeze to death, it's so cold up here!' he said and took off his cape, handing it inside the cell. Seungcheol shoved his hand back.

'Wonwoo, you need to leave! Now!!' he said. Wonwoo looked at him in confusion.

'No! I'm not leaving you here! Hyung, you're sick and- and your leg is bleeding!' he said. Seungcheol looked at his leg as if he just realized that he was hurt. Goddamn wolves.

'Please, Wonwoo, listen to me... he can't see you here!'

'Who? Hyung, I won't leave you! Your leg might be infected already and you're either going to freeze to death-'

'Wonwoo-yah! Please, don't risk your life-'

Seungcheol couldn't finish the sentence as suddenly a loud roar could be heard in the tower and wind stormed inside, blowing out the candelabra's candles. Wonwoo turned around swiftly, not letting go of Seungcheol's hand.

'W-Who is it?' he stuttered, The only light inside was the light coming from the full moon through the window. He could only see the silhouette of a huge shadow move in the darkness of the tower.

'Good question. Who is it?' roared the voice, giving Wonwoo chills. He stumbled backwards until his back was pressed against the grid of Seungcheol's cell.

'A-Are you the lord of the castle? Please, let my brother go!' he begged.

'He stepped into my territory' said the deep voice. 'Therefore he is now my property.' That was the biggest bullshit Wonwoo has ever heard, but he decided not to voice his thoughts out loud.

'You can't do this to him! Can't you see that he is sick and hurt? And cold! He is going to die here!' said Wonwoo with tears in his eyes. Seungcheol squeezed the younger's hand.

'Your brother is a thief' informed him the shadow.

'It was just a rose! You can't lock someone up for a lifetime for a goddamn rose!' said suddenly Seungcheol. The shadow let out an inhuman growl.

'Really? I got cursed for eternity for the same thing, I think I went pretty easy on you!' It was Wonwoo's turn to squeeze Seungcheol's hand. They really shouldn't test the lord's patience.

'Please, let him go' said Wonwoo again, a bit more quiet this time.

'It's his fault for being here! You shouldn't be here either! You better leave before I make you' said the voice lowly.

'No! There must be a way for us to agree!' said Wonwoo. He thought for a second before the stupidest and most insane idea came to his mind. He inhaled and let go of Seungcheol's hand, stumbling forward until he was standing in the moonlight. 'I'll stay here instead of him' he said quietly.

The owner of the voice seemed to be taken aback as he didn't answer for a few seconds. He was staring at the beautiful boy, as the moonlight reflected on his dark hair and fair skin. This boy loved his brother so much that he was willing to switch places with him... The shadow finally managed to speak up.

'You'll stay here... for him?' he asked. Wonwoo nodded.

'Wonwoo, no!! Please, don't do this!!' begged Seungcheol.

'You don't know what you're agreeing to' said the voice. Wonwoo looked up to where he suspected the shadow's face was.

'Really? Because it can't be that bad... to me it looks like you are too much of a coward to even face me' he said as bravely as he could.

He heard a growl and the owner of the voice slowly stepped forward into the moonlight and the two were face to face with each other for the first time. Wonwoo's breath hitched when he saw the enormous beast in front of himself, but he managed to keep his blank expression on his face, not showing how scared he was. He needed to stay strong for Seungcheol's sake. He inhaled.

'So? Are you letting my brother go now?' he mocked. For a second he saw a look of amusement on the beast's face.

'Wonwoo-yah, don't do this!' yelled Seungcheol. The beast then stepped to the cell and opened the door, then grabbed Seungcheol's collar and dragged him outside.

'Cheol hyung!!' shouted Wonwoo, trying to grab the older's hand one last time, but he basically slipped out of his hand. Wonwoo collapsed on the ground as he watched the beast shove his brother down the stairs.

Probably seeing him for the last time in his life.

.

A/N: I hope you still like the book! I really enjoy writing it :)