Chapter 9 - Good Impression...?

A/N: ^Them trying to stop Mingyu from scaring the shit out of Wonwoo lol

.

'You are going to make a good impression, can you hear me, idiot?' gabbled Soonyoung walking back and forth, unbothered by how the beast was groaning in front of the mirror, not liking how one of his servants, who was by the way turned into a coat hanger, was now combing his fur using a brush.

'Ouch!! Why do I have to do this?!' groaned Mingyu. 'Jun, careful, it hurts!'

'Sorry about that' said the coat hanger half-heartedly, not really minding it as he continued brushing his Master's fur.

'You look horrible, man!' said Soonyoung. 'At least if you washed up sometimes or brushed your fur, you wouldn't look so bad and wouldn't smell like shit' he commented. Mingyu glared at him but the candelabra continued unbothered. 'Look at me! How great condition I'm in!'

'You are a fucking candle holder' muttered Mingyu.

'Yes, and I take care of myself well! I always change my candles when they melt and get polished twice a month... and my Jihoonie always dusts me off when I'm getting dirty~' he sang dreamily.

'I really didn't need to know that' said Mingyu with an eye roll. It was Soonyoung's turn to glare.

'It wasn't a metaphor. He actually helps me you know.'

'Whatever. Still, what's the point of me getting all washed up?' asked Mingyu. Soonyoung sighed.

'First of all, because you are a stinky bitch. Second, because you have a guest, in case you haven't noticed.'

'He is my prisoner!' glared at him Mingyu.

'Your pretty prisoner!! Wake up, Mingyu! You are about to turn 21 very soon, and the rose's petals keep falling!' said Soonyoung, making Mingyu finally shut up. 'This boy is the only person who dared to approach the castle in the past few years. You have to give it a chance. And you can't deny that he is freakin attractive.'

'That's the point, hyung' sighed Mingyu. 'He is pretty! Look at me! I used to be so handsome and what am I now? I'm a beast! A beast everyone is terrified of, everyone avoids, someone who isn't capable of loving and being loved!' he said and looked like he was about to cry.

'Yeah, well, we are about to change that!' said Jun determinedly. 'You look goddamn miserable! This is an opportunity, Kim, so let's make use of that! Stop crying, for fuck's sake!' he instructed and Mingyu's face went emotionless. 'Stand straight!' he continued and Mingyu straightened his back.

'Awesome! You won't glare at anyone tonight, got it?' asked Soonyoung, earning himself a glare from Mingyu. 'Right, that's the face I don't want to see! Now, smile!'

The beast turned towards the mirror and grinned widely, showing off his huge fangs, making the creepiest sight ever. Soonyoung grimaced. 'Uh, we're gonna work on that' he mumbled.

Suddenly the door of the room opened and the mantel clock waddled inside, looking lost and terrified.

'Did you call him for dinner, Seungkwan?' asked Jun casually, putting the hairbrush away. Seungkwan stuttered, avoiding looking at Mingyu at all costs.

'Uh- um-, you see... he said that- he won't come' he said, his voice almost inaudibly quiet.

Mingyu roared so loudly that all three of Soonyoung's candles got blown out.

.

'NONONONONO DON'T KILL HIM!!' yelled Soonyoung as he and Seungkwan were running after the beast up towards the tower where Wonwoo's bedroom was. Mingyu looked like he was about to blow up as he stopped in front of the door. The candelabra and the mantel clock stopped in front of him, out of breath.

'Calm down, Mingyu, calm down-'

'COME OUT!!' shouted Mingyu at the closed door.

'No' came Wonwoo's voice from inside. He didn't sound terrified or angry, rather just... sassy?

'YOU WILL COME OUT!! YOU CAN'T STAY INSIDE FOREVER!!' yelled Mingyu.

'Man, chill out! This is how you treat a guest?!' asked Jeonghan. The teapot jumped next to Soonyoung and Seungkwan hearing the drama, because when there's tea, Jeonghan has to be there. Literally and metaphorically. That was so funny author just gave herself a pat on the shoulder, good job, Mo.

'If that guest is such a brat!' growled Mingyu.

'Invite him for dinner nicely! Like a normal person would' suggested Seungkwan, flinching when Mingyu glared at him. Soonyoung shook his head in disapproval.

'Uh-huh. What did I tell you about glaring and growling?' he asked in a scolding manner. Mingyu rolled his eyes and cleared his throat, trying to gather all his leftover pride.

'Please? Will you have dinner with me?' he asked as calmly as he could.

'I'm not hungry' said Wonwoo from inside. Mingyu was about to snap again but Soonyoung held one of his candles up, threatening to burn him. Mingyu inhaled deeply.

'It would make me really happy if you joined me' he tried again.

'No.'

'WHY NOT!?!?!' shouted Mingyu. Jeonghan grimaced and Seungkwan knew if the older had arms he would've definitely facepalmed then.

Wonwoo didn't answer to Mingyu's latest outburst. The beast roared loudly. 'YOU WILL HAVE TO COME OUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO STARVE TO DEATH!!!' he yelled. Then he looked at his servants and they all took a step backwards. 'I'm not having dinner' he added quietly and he glared at Soonyoung from up close. 'You stay here and guard the door. If he tries to leave, report to me, got it?' he asked. Soonyoung saluted and began marching back and forth in front of the door as Mingyu rushed away on the corridor.

Jeonghan and Seungkwan exchanged a quick glance. This will be even more difficult than they expected.

.

Mingyu arrived to the west wing, closing the door behind himself and crawling over the ruins of what used to be his royal wing of the castle. Items were thrown everywhere, there was literally no light inside, only what came from the direction of the balcony from the full moon.

Fabrics, clothes, furniture were torn apart, paintings smashed, items destroyed. Mingyu reached the balcony where by the window on the small table there was his rose, covered with a glass cover. Next to it on the table there was a mirror. But it wasn't just any regular mirror.

It was a cursed mirror. If you looked into it and asked for whatever you wanted to see, the mirror would show it to you, no matter how far it is from you.

The beast picked it up and looked at his own reflection in it. He looked miserable.

'Show me the boy!' he said quietly.

The mirror's surface began waving and Mingyu's reflection disappeared. Instead one of the castle's bedrooms was shown in it. The boy (even prettier than Mingyu remembered) was sitting on the edge of the bed with his legs pulled up to his chest. Mingyu's servant, Minghao, who was cursed to live now as a wardrobe, was talking to the boy. Mingyu could hear their voices too.

'You know, Mingyu is not as bad as he seems like' said the wardrobe.

'Do you expect me to believe that?' scoffed the boy.

'You just need to get to know him better' assured Minghao. Wonwoo glared at him which reminded Mingyu of himself.

'I don't want anything from him! I'd rather die than see him again!' said the boy.

Mingyu put the mirror down and the picture dispersed, once again only showing his reflection. He turned his gaze to the rose on the table, then caressed the glass cover with his fur covered hands. There were barely a few petals left on it.

Maybe it's his destiny not to be loved by anyone.