꧁ ✻ chapter 8 ✻ ꧂

JAY POV

I was going to regret this. I knew it, yet here I was, signing my life, at least for the next year. I didn't make a lot of promises, but when I did, I kept them. Committed myself to them. Which ment if I promised Jungwon to look after Y/N, I'd really look after her, and I'm not talking about a text check-in every two weeks.

She was under my protection now.

"You're the best" Jungwon was saying, his grin back now that I'd agreed to take on a role I had no business taking. I wasn't a protector, I was a destroyer. I broke hearts. If someone was stupid enough to fall for me or cross me—twi things i warned people never, ever to do—they had it coming. I forced a smile.

Y/N POV

We were helping Jungwon with packing his suitcase. "Jungwon?" My voice echoed in the large, empty space. "Bedroom!". A minute later, Jungwon came back holding a large cardboard box. "shit, Im donating", he explained, setting it on the kitchen counter. I wrinkled my nose. "put a shirt on. Please"

He chuckled "Cant stand my abs and hotness hm?" He wiggles his eyebrows. I showed a disgusted face almost throwing up. "Brother eww, be for real. Have you ever seen yourself?" I get a mirror on a nearby table and hand it over to him. He takes a look at it as he then squints his eyes like its hurting and groans. "ahh.!" He turns it away. I smile and laugh. "What? cant stand ur ugliness?" He then smiles and clears his troath. "Urm, no. In a matter of fact, My eyes hurt because of the way I was shining so bright. Your just jealous okay" He roles his eyes with a sassy way. Sniffs. Little Jungwon is getting older.

After hours of getting his suitcases ready and packing them, He suggested to go outside for fresh air with a nice coffee which sounded great to me. Even tho I drink it a lot in a day to stay awake because I study so much, I think I would really need one right now. I quickly put some nice and comfortable pink dress. "cmon Y/N!! whats taking you so long? your not going to a wedding" He sighs. Okay. And? I need to look good. Don't get me wrong, not for the guys, but for myself. I can look in the mirror and admire myself of how gorgeous I am. Shout out to mom!

I get down stairs to Jungwon and we finally leave the house. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. It was a perfect sunny day for a nice walk. We go to the most near cafe and get our drinks. I got a strawberry matcha latte because I was craving it so bad, and Jungwon just got a regular americano.

We sat down for a bit having some small talks and catching up with things we couldn't tell eachother because of how busy we were lately. We then get up and walk trough a park towards his house. We were talking when he just suddenly walked away from me. I looked up to see were he was heading to and then saw him. Jay. My heart skipped a beat for no reason. Lately, just seeing him makes me feel all kind of things.

Flashback
"Well thats what she said" I laughed with some girls I met on the farewell party of Jungwon since he was going to be away for studying a few weeks, or even months. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and then went to look for him but met my friends instead.

I looked around for Jungwon and saw him chatting with Jay. As I turned to look at him, I saw him staring at me with those eyes. He looked away when I caught him staring. My heart started racing again. Again?...

End flashback

I snapped out if it and just went over to them. It was a bit awkward since Jay and I dont talk to eachother much. Jungwon looked to both of us as a smile grew on his face seeing us standing awkwardly. "Is there something going on between you two?" My eyes grew bigger and Jay raised his eyebrows. "What? No ew!" "With her? never!" We both said at the same time.

I crossed my arms over eachother and scoffed. "its not like I want u anyway" I mumbled. "I never said I did" He talked back. I rolled my eyes to him. He thinks he is something doesn't he. That jerk. Why do I get those feeling because of him anyways? "Jungwon, im just gonna go home if ur going to stand here like this" He chuckled. "Alright alright." He said his goodbye to Jay and we finally walked towards home.

~later at night

We finally finished up cleaning the house and getting his stuff ready. He quickly ordered some food for dinner and after we ate I left to go home since it was getting late and dark anyways. Jungwon. Came up with some, uh pretty strange news he never told me before. So he is leaving right? well, apparently he thinks that I cant manage to look for myself without him. So you know what he did? he got me someone to look up for me. First of all- im not a baby. But thats not the bad thing, the worst part is, is the 'person he got for me'. Jay. Ofcourse. Who else would it be? Its his bestfriend, and the person he trusts the most in the whole wide world beside me. I think I rather die then have him look after me. He doesnt even care about me or anything.

I already know.
Its going to end badly.

———————————————————-
To be continued....

Stop it took me so long to write this chapter since I couldn't get any ideas about what to write😭 Well I hope ur enjoying the story so far!
Please don't forget to vote!🥰