Posca

Sejanus stood in front of the elegant mirror propped up in his bedroom. His hair was curled in front of his forehead, his gray suit hugged his body, and his shoes were well shined. He looked handsome and well put together like a Capitol citizen. It bugged him that his reflection erased his district past like he was a fraud but it would do for one night.

"Oh, Sejanus, you look dashing." He heard his ma say as she let herself into his too extravagant bedroom.

"Thanks, ma." The boy replied, awkwardly adjusting his necktie.

"You would never guess you were from a district, now would you. " She stated in pride.

He cringed at her statement. His mother brushed his hair out of his face and left a tender kiss to his forehead. Her rose colored lipstick left a small mark against his skin.

"I guess not. That's the problem though. The games aren't right, ma, none of this is right. How can I partake in mento-"

He was cut off.

"You need to get going, you'll be late." She began to usher him out of the room.

Sejanus found himself staring up at the stairs leading up to the academy. His palms were sweating at just the thought of the games. The teenager forced his feet to move forward step by step and into the hall. Everyone was drinking and dressed in their finest attire, of course. He looked around to try and find the one classmate who actually tolerated him, but the boy was nowhere to be found. He wished he could call him his friend, but he had picked up that Coriolanus did not exactly have any real friends. Sejanus continued to walk around and attempted to mingle, being handed a drink he truly did not want. He looked down at the posca in his glass and reluctantly sipped it. He was caught up in his drink, and in walking around aimlessly, that he bumped right into who he was looking for.

"My shirt-" Coriolanus broke his usual cool demeanor for a moment of frantic behavior. "This cannot be happening." He mumbled.

"Coriolanus! I'm sorry, I was paying no attention. I'm sorry. Let me help you clean it." Sejanus apologized profusely.

The blonde haired boy was doing anything but listening. He hurried to the bathroom as fast as possible. Sejanus followed after, grabbing napkins off a table to try and help in any way that he could. The bathroom was elegant. A private room of gold and white. Despite it being a bit faded over the years, it was still nice and very appealing to the eye.

"This was my only shirt. I'm going to look like a clumsy mess out there, Plinth. Do you understand what you just did to me?" Coriolanus seethed.

"I know! I'm sorry!" He responded.

Sejanus frantically wiped down his classmate's chest to try and get the stain out. His hands were shaky. It was obvious that he felt terrible, but the other did not seem to notice.

" You're clumsy, and you dab it. Never wipe a stain, you dab it." Coriolanus grasped the other's wrist to guide his hand in dabbing motions.

The touch felt oddly cold against Sejanus' skin. His hands being completely guided by the other's. He felt as if his brain was short circuiting, but there was nothing he could do. He had never felt this way about someone just touching his hand in his life. His clouded mind finally sparked one idea.

"I know what to do."Sejanus said.

He took his hand back and began to undo the buttons of Coriolanus' shirt. The act of undressing him was making the boy feel ways he had not felt in years. Coriolanus must have been thinking something similar because his face was flushed and he had no objections. The shirt was unbuttoned after what felt like hours.