6 - A Masters Soul

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

Outside Trancy Manor -

A couple minutes have passed by since the beginning of the fight. Sebastian was holding Ciel, he just finished up dealing with the Triplets and their antics. He began running toward the pair, Claude put an arm in front of Alois and the other in front of Ryoba. Sebastian turned around before making contact with any of them, he kicked the air being a few inches short of Claude. He flipped backward landing then running quickly. 

Alois' expression changed from one of shock to amusement. He leaned on Claude gripping onto the back of his uniform. "Sebastian is amazing" Alois commented. "You know Claude, I think he may even be better than you" The boy continued. "We should force him to crawl on his belly like a dog... what do you think? " He questioned. "Can you make that happen Claude?". Ryoba glanced over at Claude noticing the expression on his face. 

He was clearly irritated. She put a hand on his shoulder. He flipped around to look at her, his eyes shot open. Causing the angry expression on his face to be more visible.

----◦•❁◦•◦------------------------------

Claude and Ryoba reached the entry doors to the ball standing on either side of Alois and opening the doors. They looked around to see that Hannah failed to fully control the guests at the ball with the demonic instrument they provided her. Ryoba turned her gaze toward Claude who was shaking his head in disapproval toward Hannah. "Why would someone play such a thing at a costume ball?" Prince Soma questioned. "As a diversion for my guests" Alois responded.

He walked towards the center of the room. The Head Maid and Butler following close behind and the Triplets at a good distance. "Ladies and gentleman, please accept my sincere apology for being late. I am Alois Trancy. I'm so honored that you came" He stated. "I see that you enjoyed the entertainment while I was away. I'm relieved that it was to your liking." He added.

Alois then turned towards Ciel. "That performance was magnificent. You have great musical talent, Sebastian" Alois stated. "I cannot accept such praise" Sebastian said holding a hand up to where his heart is. "I am simply one hell of a butler." He stated. "You have an excellent butler, you're lucky Earl Phantomhive" Alois stated. "He's merely a butler." Ciel said.  "Young master.." Sebastian said." I would like to have a word with Claude, if you wouldn't mind. " He stated. "He can do that, right Claude?" Alois asked. 

"Ten minutes Claude, I want you to settle this quickly, If you can't do that you'll be punished" Alois whispered demandingly. The boy glanced over at Ryoba. "Bring her too" He added. "Yes, Your Highness" Claude said. "Fine but do it swiftly, understood?" Ciel said to Sebastian. "Why yes, my young lord".

----◦•❁◦•◦------------------------------

Claude and Sebastian arrived at a nearby lake still within the Trancy Estate. "You are nothing more than persistent, you've been hunting my master most relentlessly... As for you. What are you doing here?" Sebastian questioned turning to the white haired maid. "I was ordered by my master-" She spoke then lowered her gaze as Claude spoke over her: "My master ordered it.. she's my wife" He added.

 Sebastian locked eyes with Ryoba who quickly looked away. "Alois instructed to 'Steal Ciel Phantomhive from Sebastian Michaelis'" Claude stated. "Nevertheless, he is my young master" Sebastian stated. "Just the feel of him... one rarely handles something so fine" Claude explained while closing and opening his hand. 

Ryoba knew more than anyone just how greedy Claude could get. She knew that someday his greed would be his undoing. " I cannot go by the thought that someone else has touched him, it's enough to make me sick" Sebastian stated. "The sticky clingy touch of your vile spider web defiled him..." He continued. "My Master..." Sebastian stated. Claude then took his spectacles off. "Ciel Phantomhive" Claude said. "His soul..." He said.

Sebastian ran at Claude about to land a hit on him. The Head Maid reacted quickly moving Claude out of the way causing her to take the blow. She was sent flying then fell into the water. Ryoba sat up coughing out some water and taking a deep breath after having the wind knocked out of her. Claude took the distraction as an opportunity to stand behind Sebastian and land a punch on him. The Phantomhive Butler did the same extending his arms out. 

They both jumped up exchanging clashes with one another. "That was the day you took him from me you underhanded thief" Sebastian said to Claude. "You stole my precious young master's soul". "It wasn't enough though, not just the soul. I needed the body too" Claude stated. "But then you came here.." He said. "Yes, I retrieved his soul from you, and yet something was not right. He is still not my young master" Sebastian stated.

 The two butler's began kicking water at each other causing inhumane waves to splash the surrounding area. When they both dashed towards the water it died down. They were underneath. When Ryoba got the strength to stand up she watched as Sebastian did too. They locked eyes for a brief moment until Claude came up from under the water. 

"My young master's soul which I so carefully cultivated..." Sebastian said.

 "Ah, as I thought" Claude said. "You want a soul that's known it's revenge" He stated. "Even so, I sense an extraordinary will in you" He said while standing up and putting a hand over Sebastian's neck. "A fierce obsession with the boy's soul" He finished. She ran a hand through her hair trying to get the water out. 

She pushed her hair back undoing the ribbon and placing it in her pocket as she began walking back towards the platform where they stood before the fight broke out. She knew there wasn't much she could do for Claude. She sacrificed her ability and strength as a demon for him, there wasn't much use to her now. Once Claude's contract with Alois finalized she knew he would throw her away or even kill her. 

"But of course, you see, I am a demon" Sebastian stated. "You have a master of your own, you should know?" Sebastian asked. "Cultivate a soul, and then feast upon it. That is our lives." Claude stated. "Yes I do now, my masters' soul is another of the rare ones worth desiring" He said. "But you, giving a soul that's lost it's memory a second chance at revenge. No human soul is worth the trouble" He stated. "That's where you're wrong, I'm afraid my master is unlike any human you've known. He's a very rare specimen" Sebastian stated.

He then put a hand on the water and pushed himself upwards landing behind Claude. Sebastian held 3 silver knives at Claude's throat. "You were right about one thing though, I utmost do intend on giving him another opportunity to realize his vengeance, but sadly I'm lacking something crucial" Sebastian stated. "A worthy target..." He said. "What are your master's orders?" He questioned.

" You said they were to steal my master from me, is that all? " He asked.

"That and to make you suffer an agony worse than death" Ryoba spoke out. "Is that so?" Sebastian questioned lowering his knives from Claude's throat. "It would be pointless to obtain Ciel Phantomhive without his memories of revenge fully intact. I must steal a perfected version of him, one who has gained his final vengeance" Claude stated. Claude grabbed his second pair of spectacles from his chest pocket inside his uniform. Then put them on the frame of his nose. 

"Would you be interested in a deal?" Sebastian asked. 

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----