13 - Blurred Lines

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

"I am... Ciel... Phantomhive..." Ciel said. "I'm The Queen's... the Queen's... guard dog" He stated. "I don't... have a mother.. nor father I lost them" He said shakily. "And how did you lose them?" Claude asked him. "The mansion... burned..." Ciel responded. "Indeed it burned down, the village you grew up in burned" Claude said. "I ran down the corridor..." Ciel stated. "That's right, you ran the path on the outskirts of the village" Claude said. The Trancy ring was then placed on Ciel's finger. Ciel brought his finger in front of him and stared at the ring.

"You ran, and then you found..." Claude started. "I found... my dead father and mother..." Ciel answered. "Yes, you found your dead brother." Claude said. "My brother?" Ciel questioned. "You found him and then what?" Claude asked. "The old men took me away..." Ciel responded. "Yes. The old man took you and..." Claude continued. "He humiliated me..." Ciel stated. "The Earl Trancy did" Claude stated. "Tran... cy" Ciel said as Claude pushed down on the end of his spectacles. "That's right..." He stated. 

"After that. I made a contract with Sebastian" Ciel said. 

When Ryoba's eyes first landed on the tortured Ciel Phantomhive the first thing she noticed was that his usual alluring blue eyes are now dark and dull. "Yes someone made a contract with a demon named Sebastian, then Sebastian started a fire" Claude said. "A fire..." Ciel repeated. "Yes. Sebastian made a contract with your younger brother Luka and burned down your village to the ground" He continued. 

"Luka... village...?" Ciel questioned. "That's right. Sebastian Michaelis entered into a contract with Luka, and you lost your only living relative" Claude explained. "My.. brother..." Ciel said. The young Phantomhive let out a scream and continued screaming. He held onto the right side of his face. The door then slammed open. "Young master!" Sebastian called out. He quickly walked into the room to see Ciel soaked and laying on the floor stomach down. "Young Master" He repeated. Ciel then turned to look at Sebastian. 

"Don't touch me!" Ciel exclaimed. "My lord..." Sebastian said. Ciel started shivering again. "It was you all along wasn't it. You killed my parents, it was you just admit it!" Ciel yelled out. Sebastian then turned to look at Claude and Ryoba. She was looking at the ground in guilt. "I didn't predict you mixing their memories" Sebastian admitted. "Your intention of course was to merge the two souls into one. That's brilliant, never occurred to me" He said while taking a quick glance at Ryoba. 

She walked past him leaving the room. "He's soaked to the bone, did you dip him in some sort of medicine to confuse my master?" Sebastian asked. Claude took a step forward. "He's asked a question Master, shall I answer" Claude said. Ciel began to stand but swayed side to side. "No there's no need for that" He stated. Claude then walked past Sebastian and towards Ciel.

 Claude then whispered something in Ciel's ear. "Yes, I know" Ciel said. Ciel then pointed his finger at Sebastian. "This is an order, leave now and stay out of my sight!" He demanded. Sebastian then seemed to unwillingly keep taking steps back. Claude then pulled on the ends of his spectacles lowering his glasses to the brim of his nose.

"Didn't you hear him, a master's orders are absolute" Claude said. Sebastian's stunned expression then faded into a saddened one. He took a bow placing a hand to his chest then turned around and left closing the door behind him. Ciel then swayed once more. "Are you alright?" Claude asked. " I'm so tired. " Ciel stated. " Yes" Claude said. "I want to sleep..." Ciel said while falling asleep on Claude.  

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

Outside the room

Ryoba watched the door fly open which startled her. Sebastian walked out. He grabbed her by the arm pulling her down the hall and around the corner. He pushed her against the wall. "What is his plan?" Sebastian asked. "I-I don't know" She said. He hit the wall, his fist close to her head. "You know something, you must know something". She shook her head. He sighed. "At least ensure my masters safety. He commanded that I stay out of his sight, you can do that correct?" He questioned. She nodded.

He lifted her chin and raised an eyebrow noticing the marks on her neck under her purple turtleneck. "It seems like a rabid animal attacked your neck" He commented and chuckled. "What more do you endure in this torturous place. I'd imagine worse". He backed away from her. "Sebastian.. when this is all over. Will you- nevermind it's selfish" She smiled. "I'll care for your master as my own" Ryoba bowed. 

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

"Young master, good morning" Claude said. "I know that smell, is it Earl Grey?" He asked. "Indeed, my compliments to your excellent nose young master. This morning we have an earl grey imperial" Claude stated. "If I may" I said while walking towards Ciel. "Master, would you allow me to dress you this morning? There's something Claude needs to take care of" Ryoba stated hoping to keep Claude away from Ciel.

"I'll allow it" Ciel said. 

"Young master-" 

"Go tend to your duties" Ciel demanded. Claude stood up and bowed. He shut the door behind him and left. She undid the blue ribbon on the Earls nightgown, she grabbed his white blouse and helped him get into it. "Your schedule this afternoon is clean. None will interfere with it, everything will go exactly as you wish Lor- your majesty..." Ryoba said while buttoning up his blouse. She grabbed a pair of pants putting them on Ciel. 

"Alois, where is he?" The young master asked. "Young master, Alois Trancy was felled by your sword" She lied through her teeth knowing she had no choice but to comply with Claude's plan. "Is that so?" He questioned. " Does thinking of it pain you, master? " Ryoba asked. "He died because he was weak, it's as simple as that" Ciel answered. 

The young Phantomhive sat up and allowed his maid to buckle his knee high socks. His ears perked up at the sound of trees falling down from a distance. "What was that?" He asked. "It must be the Triplets chopping down trees nearby or someone sending a warning" She reassured him knowing it must've been Sebastian letting his anger be known from a distance. 

"Shall I inform Claude?" She asked. He gave her a nod.

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----