9 - Clash Between Lords

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

The two boys finished their dessert so the dance had begun once again. "Indeed, shall we dance?" Sebastian asked while holding his hand out. "Dance, we shall" Claude said while talking his glasses off. "But first". Claude took his glove off while holding Hannah close and putting a hand on her waist. "Are you certain?" Hannah asked. Ryoba stood off to the side of the balcony watching the exchange. She bit her bottom lip causing it to bleed then wiped it off with her sleeve. Ciel looked in her direction and watched as she clenched her fists.

Claude put a hand to Hannah's chin moving her to face him. He then put his fingers in her mouth, he kept reaching down until his arm was down her throat. Ryoba stared down at the ground then took a glance around the balcony, her eyes eventually landing on Ciel to see him staring at her. She walked towards him. "Is something the matter my lord?" She asked. "It's nothing" He stated while absentmindedly staring at the dueling arena. "Ryoba is your name right?" He asked.

"Yes my lord" She confirmed.

"Do you like it here?" Ciel said in a hushed tone. She leaned in closer so he could whisper in her ear. "Do you like it here at Trancy Manor?" He questioned. "Of course my lord. I reside here with my husband and master. This is the only place I can call home" Ryoba said with a smile. Ciel looked up at her, there was a certain sadness in her eyes. Despite her reassuring smile he could tell it was just a mask. "Very well" He said.

Ryoba moved back towards Alois' side and stood idly. "What did he ask you?" Alois questioned. "Lord Phantomhive wanted to know if I was still serving Earl Grey tea your majesty" She responded. Alois nodded and turned his attention back to the duel. It took a bit but Claude then pulled a sword out from Hannah's mouth. There was a bunch of saliva all over it which began to drop on the board's floor. Alois stuck his tongue out in disgust. "What's he doing?" Ciel questioned.

Claude then swung it to the side completely getting rid of all the saliva. "Well, goodness look at that" Sebastian said as his surprised expression faded away. He had a smirk on his face. "If it isn't the ancient sword Laevateinn and it's curse of eternal darkness" He added. "I never dreamed you had such a fine article" He continued. "I am merely giving your invitation to dance the response it deserves.. it's not the only one i have" Claude said mumbling the last bit. "And now..." His eyes flashed fuchsia for a split second. "Our Danse Macabre".

Sebastian and Claude ran at each other exchanging blows.

Alois got up and walked towards Ciel. "What do you think of Claude's sword? Impressive, ay?" Alois said. "Ill admit, it does seem to be a fine weapon" Ciel stated. "Perhaps you could give me a little tour of Trancy Manor, if it isn't any trouble" He said. "Do you need the loo?" Alois asked. "I'll show you the way" He said with a smile. Ciel got up and the two boys began walking towards the bathroom. Ryoba followed behind the pair. They came to a stop and she waited behind a wall to listen. "Ciel, what is this? Where are you going?" Alois asked.

"I've seen enough of those silly performances" Ciel stated while taking his glove off and throwing it at one of Alois' boots. "Alois, Earl Trancy" He said. "You have crossed a line. You have robbed me of my pride, and have disgraced and demeaned me" He continued. "I cannot accept this" The boy stated. "Thus here and now, I challenge you to a duel!" Ciel exclaimed. Alois was speechless for a moment but then he began to smirk.

"Ah, so you didn't just want me to come here and piss with you" Alois said. The two boys found swords from the nearby stands. "I've never dueled before. "Alois admitted. "How do we proceed? You'll have to tell me" He said. "We stand back to back and begin walking at the call of "Allez"" Ciel explained. "We pivot on the tenth step and the duel begins" He said. "Hah! Simple enough, sounds like fun! Let's do this" Alois added. The pair were now back to back. "Allez!" They both exclaimed. "One. Two. Three. Four. Fi--" They counted until Ciel turned around. Alois pointed his sword at the blue-haired boy.

"Now now, let's not have any cheating" Alois said. "Why, you!" CIel exclaimed while moving his sword down towards Alois. The two boys kept clashing either missing or dodging. They eventually moved up the stairs. Ryoba stood at the door way watching them intently making sure not to be spotted by either of them. Alois giggled while running away from Ciel. "You always lose your temper so quickly!" Alois exclaimed. "Come, let's enjoy our dance!" He said. They clashed and clashed until their swords were right on one another.

They used all the force they could to push down on their swords hoping to beat the other.

It was getting more aggressive by the minute. Ryoba knew that all she had to do was just made sure neither of them got seriously hurt. Alois seemed to be winning the duel. They walked back up the stairs. She quickly and quietly dashed under the ledge skulking in the shadows. "That's it! One, Two, Three! One, Two, Three! Down you go!" Alois exclaimed as he pushed Ciel off the ledge. Ryoba was quick to act as she caught the boy gently setting him down and making sure Alois didn't see.

She hit her arm on the floor after catching him to make a loud distraction making it sound like Ciel hit the ground. She put a finger to her lips as Ciel looked at her, his eyes widened in shock. Ryoba stood up blending back into the shadows. Alois took a bit but jumped off landing on the floor perfectly. He then stood up walking towards Ciel who was still on the floor. He pointed his sword at the boy and tapped it against his skin.

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----