17 - Switching Sides

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

They once again stumbled upon another card. "Question: Has Ciel Phantomhive already achieved his revenge?" Sebastian read out loud. "This one is different" Ryoba stated. "Alright, the answer is yes" Sebastian said. A hole opened up then Ryoba stamped a circle in the map. "This is bitter rabbit, one of Funtom's bestselling items" Sebastian stated while looking up at the tower where the young master stood. 

"Master, you're up there now aren't you? Waiting..." Sebastian questioned

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

"Question: The terms of the contract were met why didn't Sebastian Michaelis eat Ciel Phantomhive's soul?" He read. "Our contract" He said while taking his left glove off which showed his contract symbol. "I lost this arm temporarily and the contract seal along with it" He said. Sebastian placed his hand with the contract symbol on the right side of his face covering his eye. 

"When this happened the demon Claude Faustus pounced in that brief moment when it was gone, he took advantage of the situation to steal your soul from me" Sebastian explained. This time it wasn't a binging sound, there were trumpets playing. Another part opened up revealing a stone staircase. I put down the fourth stamp. "A goose? A silly goose of course, that's my young master" Sebastian stated.

"It seems like the control Alois had is shifting" Ryoba said. "You'll have your master back soon enough" She smiled. 

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

As Sebastian and Ryoba neared the last part of the maze they saw that Claude was going to fall into a hole. He was holding onto what he could. Ryoba walked up to him getting close to his fingers. Sebastian then stood beside her looking down at him. Sebastian snaked his arm around Ryoba's waist and smirked while looking down at Claude. "Good evening Claude" Sebastian said. "So nice to see you" Ryoba added.

 Sebastian looked up at the tower. "So you fought your way back at last Master" Sebastian said. "He saw you, he saw you" Claude repeated. Sebastian then looked down in shame. Ryoba stepped on Claude's fingers slowly pressing down on them until he lost grip and grabbed onto her leg attempting to pull himself down. Claude brought himself up while Sebastian reacted quickly grabbing Ryoba by her waist and pulling her away from the hole. 

"You let him see you~" Claude taunted. "And you" He said while looking at Ryoba. "You defied me by taking Michealis' side" Claude stated. "Claude, this isn't about sides. You must not see how childish you're acting, you killed our master and merged his soul with Ciel Phantomhive's. You have turned greedy, so greedy that you would prefer a soul over the person you swore yourself to" She stated.

 "Hm. I would congratulate you on the young master's return, but it seems we're one for one, I stole your young master and you stole my wife" Claude stated. "Yet, the young master never rescinded his order for you to stay out of sight" He said. She lowered her gaze. Is this all Claude sees it as? Just a simple trade. "You can't do anything, not where he can see you anyways" Claude stated. 

"Enjoy a little rest, it's a lovely garden. I must be going" He said while turning around. "Don't just stand there! You did your part you helped me achieve my revenge. Ryoba! You helped me, you kept me safe inside this mansion of lunatics" Ciel said. "Sebastian! This is an order. Eat my soul right now!" Ciel yelled. "Until the final moment when you have devoured every last drop of my soul" He stated.

 "You remain my butler, Sebastian Michaelis, and you will become my maid, Ryoba Faustus! Do you understand me Sebastian, Ryoba? " Ciel questioned. She kneeled down beside Sebastian. "Forever, yes my lord" Sebastian said. "For as long as you see value in me... my lord" Ryoba said. Then they heard chuckling, it was Alois.  "You want Ciel? You do, Claude? and you Sebastian? What about you Ryoba?" Alois said. "Well, that's too bad!" He yelled.

 "I'll get rid of everyone who doesn't love me, yes, that's right all of you!" He exclaimed. "I've found people who actually love me! Luka... and Hannah" He said. "Alois, my previous master. I did love you, but I've found a master who actually values me. His name is Ciel Phantomhive and I shall serve him for as long as he lives" Ryoba stated. "Is that so?" Alois asked. "We'll see" He said.

 Hannah and Alois then turned around backing away from the cliff. "What's this? Does he intend to make a contract with Hannah?" Claude asked. He then turned around and looked at Ryoba. "If you're going to work alongside Michaelis, then you shall not be called Ryoba Faustus as you have terminated the terms of our contract and have become a disgrace to the Faustus name" Claude stated. 

"To be quite honest with you, there was never a moment where I saw anything other than the power you possessed" He added. "Now it's gone". She clenched her fist. "Then return it" She said. "Return to me my ring" Ryoba spoke. "Very well then" Claude took off his right glove and removed the ring from his ring finger. Once removed it shrunk. She grabbed it from his hand and put it on her ring finger, the ring adjusted to the size of her finger and her eyes glowed fuchsia as she felt relief wash over her. 

That very ring possessed her stored energy and mana which she was forced to hand over to Claude due to their contract. "I suppose one must focus one's energy on a proper target" Claude said. "We have no other choice, for the moment" Sebastian said. Ryoba grabbed a pillar and threw it at the doors while Sebastian and Claude shouldered them. They ran then she followed after Sebastian as they jumped from vine to vine, they were quite large. 

----◦•◦❁•◦------------------------------

Large vines were starting to follow behind the servants. Unlike Sebastian and Claude, Ryoba wasn't one to bring any sort of weapon with her. Sebastian tried his best to cut down the vines so she wouldn't get caught in them again. "Alois' labyrinth is as persistent as it's owner and just as frustrating" Claude stated. Once they reached the top the two butlers slammed the door open. 

"Young master!" Sebastian called out.

The two rings on the ground caught Ryoba's eye. Their gems were taken off. "Claude, you ensnared at my heart with your deceptive spider thread. I wanted you to become my eternal Highness..." Alois said as his right eye flashed with all the different contract symbols until it settled on Hannah's symbol. 

"But more than anything I wanted your love. It was the only thing Ryoba had that I didn't... but I also wanted her love... and she proved to not be worthy of it" He added as he closed his eyes and swayed. Ciel's body fell and Hannah caught him. "The contract is complete" Hannah said. She carried Alois bridal style as she stood up. 

"I've signed an official contract with Jim Macken, and Ciel Phantomhive along with him" She stated as her eyes turned fuchsia. 

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----