15 - Terminated Contract

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----

The two Head servants were wandering around the main entrance until they heard a knock at the front doors. Claude opened the door with his left hand while holding a candlestick with his right. He stepped outside and took a look around to see none, then he stepped out a bit further as Ryoba followed closely behind. "What a surprise, I thought you were spying for a distance but here you are at the front entrance" Claude said. 

"My young masters orders were specific, he instructed me to stay out of his sight. It's certainly no violation of his orders if it's only you who see me" Sebastian. "Hm" Claude let out then turned around. Sebastian fell down from where he was and landed in a kneeling position then he stood up to face the pair. "Now then, I came tonight to return this to you" He said while taking the dark purple rose off of his unform. 

Sebastian then threw the rose up, it blocked Claude's sight of him then when it fell the Phantomhive butler was nowhere in sight. When the rose was at stomach level to Claude Sebastian landed a punch on him. The candlestick Claude was holding fell on the hard floor and Claude flying back while stumbling on the floor. 

"You seem to have been getting used to your lovely wife taking blows for you that you were completely caught off guard" Sebastian stated. Claude then got up. "Another surprise..." He said. "My wife has nothing to do with the likes of you" He stated. "Does she..." Sebastian said under his breath. "However, a demon terminating a contract is the most unusual occurrence" Claude said while putting his glasses on the bridge of his nose. 

"I'm terminating nothing, you broke the contract first" Sebastian stated while taking a few steps towards Claude. "We swore to defer our battle over the young masters soul until it was fully cultivated, that is until after he had his revenge" He added.

" Our agreement was to use each other until then " Sebastian stated. "My, my, these spider mites have discolored the leaves, it seems that my rose was infested all along. A regretable turn of events" Claude stated while his rose turned into dust with only the stem intact. He then dropped the stem leaving it laying on the floor. " Indeed, now both roses are dead. " Sebastian stated.

 "The contract is terminated" Claude said while taking his spectacles off. 

"Hear me now, come hell or high water, I intend to devour Ciel Phantomhive's soul. You see I know now that there is more to it than superior flavor, it goes much deeper than that" Claude stated." Yes" Sebastian confirmed. "In that you're correct" Sebastian said while grabbing onto the end of his right glove. "We demons are granted eternal life, however, we grow weary, we live so long.. far too long..." Claude said. 

"And my young masters life lends spice to the world upon which we glutted on ourselves" Sebastian added. "His soul dwells in darkness yet remains unstained by it, it charms us, vexes us, tantalizes us, drives us mad and now" Claude said. "Now it's brought us to this, a broken contract of a fight between demon and demon" Sebastian stated. Right as Sebastian finished saying that, they both pulled out their knives.

They dashed towards one another. Sebastian tried to cut Claude but he jumped up and began throwing knives at Sebastian. They continued exchanging blows. Claude's facial expression had changed since the beginning of the fight. It seemed like it was becoming more crazed. "It's useless, that young master is mine now" Claude stated. "For someone who hasn't signed a contract with him you're awfully confident" Sebastian said. 

"Oh, I'll get a signed contract don't you doubt it" Claude stated. "And once I have him I won't let him go for a moment" He said. He then pulled out another knife throwing it at Sebastian, he missed and the Phantomhive butler jumped back. "This dinner knife is a bit small to cut off your seal and your arm along with it--" Claude said. "Even so I'm sure I can continue to pervert your contract, it's simple really" He stated.

Ryoba watched from a distance absentmindedly, she was a bit conflicted on who to help. "Sebastian!" Ciel called out from afar. "Sebastian!" He called out once again. Both Claude and Sebastian walked towards Ciel's voice, Ryoba following closely behind them. The young master was climbing a large part of the maze seemingly trying to get to the top. "You're being summoned. " Claude said. 

He knows you're here, you've been seen" Claude added while looking at Sebastian who was hiding behind a statue."And not just by me, so much disobedience Sebastian Michaelis, you're a disgrace to butlers everywhere" Claude said. "Sebastian, help me!" Ciel called out. "Please help! Sebastian!" He repeated.

 "If you don't, I'll climb all the way up!" Ciel stated. "I'll keep climbing, I swear I will" He continued. "You had better get here quickly Sebastian" He warned. "I'll climb this thing" He stated with a smirk. "I'm going straight to the top, Sebastian" He said. Claude and Sebastian's eyes widened. "You're wrong, I have done nothing to disobey orders yet" Sebastian stated while getting out from behind the statue. 

 "That's not my lord" Sebastian said. Ryoba turned to look at Sebastian. "That is my master..." She stated. "It's my lord" Hannah said from behind Ryoba. 

----◦•❁◦•◦----------------------------------------------------------◦•◦❁•◦----