Chapter 43: Cake in the Oven

Then, it was Waffle's turn. She grinned mischievously, knowing she had a surprise up her sleeve. "Alright, here we go. First truth: I once wrestled a jellyfish twice my size and won. Second truth: I can eat an entire barrel of root beer barrels in one sitting. And... the lie is... I'm not pregnant."

The room fell silent for a moment, the words hanging in the air like a sugary fog. Then, Bubbie, always quick with a quip, chimed in with her trademark humor. "Better start making room!" she exclaimed, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

Captain K'nuckles, never one to miss an opportunity for a witty remark, scratched his head and chuckled. "Well, blow me down! Looks like we're in for a real adventure," K'nuckles said nudging his bewildered best friend, "Eh, Flap?"

Flapjack however, overwhelmed by the unexpected news, stammered in disbelief. "P-p-pregnant? Waffle, that's... th-that's... uh... jellyfish, root beer barrels, jellyfish... oooohhh...

THUD!

And with that, Flapjack toppled over in a dramatic faint, causing a ripple of laughter to spread through the Candy Bar. The crew rushed to his side, laughing and teasing as they helped him back to his feet, the news of Waffle's pregnancy adding a sweet twist to their evening of fun and games.