Chapter 44: An Outrageous Announcement

Flapjack, bursting with excitement and unable to contain himself, dashed through the streets of Stormalong Harbor like a whirlwind of joy. He leaped from rooftops, swung from lampposts, and even rode a unicycle through the town square, all while shouting at the top of his lungs, "WE'RE HAVING A BABY! WE'RE HAVING A BABY! WE'RE HAVING A BABY! WE'RE HAVING A BABY! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

His exuberant cries echoed off the walls of buildings and bounced around the bustling streets, catching the attention of everyone within earshot. People stopped in their tracks, mouths agape, as they watched Flapjack's wild display of jubilation.

But amid the chaos, Waffle, with a bemused smile on her face, emerged from the crowd and called out to her enthusiastic husband. "Flapjack, sweetie, they heard you already," she said, her voice carrying a hint of amusement. "Just get down from this clocktower, and leave these poor citizens alone!"

Flapjack, realizing he had perhaps gone a tad overboard with his announcement, obliged and quickly made his way down from the clock tower. As he landed on the ground, he rushed over to Waffle and enveloped her in a tight embrace, his heart overflowing with love and excitement.

He leaned down to kiss her, but before their lips could meet, a sudden kick from their unborn child caught him by surprise. Flapjack's eyes widened in amazement as he felt the tiny flutter of movement beneath his wife's stomach.

"I love you so much, already," Flapjack whispered, his voice filled with awe and tenderness, as he pressed a gentle kiss to Waffle's forehead, marveling at the miracle growing inside her.