Sicker

Defect Rebel paced anxiously outside Female Rebel's room, worry etched on his face. He hesitated for a moment before gently knocking on the door. "Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

Inside, Female Rebel's weakened response came, "Not great, honestly." She opened the door, looking visibly fatigued. "I think I caught whatever you had."

Defect Rebel's expression shifted to one of deep concern. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get you sick." He hovered at the doorway, uncertain about what to do but determined to help.

She managed a weak smile, appreciating his concern. "It's not your fault. These things happen. I just need some rest, I guess."

Defect Rebel nodded, his mind racing with worry. "Rest is good, but is there anything I can do for you? Soup? Medicine? I can go out and get whatever you need."

She chuckled softly, touched by his eagerness. "You don't have to go all out. Some soup would be nice, though."

Minutes later, Defect Rebel returned with a steaming bowl of soup. "Here you go. I made sure it's extra hot to help with that congestion."

"Thanks," she said, accepting the bowl. "You're sweet, you know that?"

He blushed slightly, his concern not diminishing. "I just hate seeing you like this. If there's anything else you need, just say the word."

As she ate, Defect Rebel stayed by her side, occasionally checking her temperature and offering comforting words. Despite his tough exterior, seeing Female Rebel unwell stirred a vulnerability in him. He couldn't help but worry, realizing how much he cared for his fellow rebel.

In the days that followed, Defect Rebel continued to be the attentive caretaker, going above and beyond to ensure Female Rebel's comfort. Their bond deepened through this experience, revealing a softer side to the tough rebel as he expressed genuine concern and care for his comrade.