Callin' the Troops 2

Defect and Bobo exchanged wary glances as the mysterious figure introduced himself as Trooper. Despite their initial skepticism, they found themselves engaging in conversation with him as they waited for Jard to regain consciousness.

Trooper explained, "I've been keeping an eye on this area for some time now. When I saw you three in trouble, I couldn't just stand by and do nothing."

Bobo nodded appreciatively, his earlier suspicion giving way to gratitude. "Thanks for lending a hand. We could use all the help we can get."

Defect eyed Trooper thoughtfully, still unsure of his motives. "What are you doing out here all alone? Don't you have a team or organization?"

Trooper hesitated before replying, his expression momentarily clouded with emotion. "I used to have a team, but they... they're gone now. I'm on my own."

Before Defect could press further, a groan from Jard interrupted their conversation. Slowly, Jard began to stir, his eyelids fluttering as he regained consciousness.

"Wha... what happened?" Jard mumbled, his head throbbing with pain.

"You passed out, buddy," Bobo explained, concern evident in his voice. "But don't worry, we're all here."

As Jard struggled to sit up, his gaze fell upon Trooper, who stood nearby, watching with a mixture of concern and relief.

"Who's this?" Jard asked, his confusion evident.

Defect stepped forward, casting a wary glance at Trooper before responding, "This is Trooper. He helped us when you collapsed."

Jard nodded, gratitude shining in his eyes as he extended a hand towards Trooper. "Thanks for helping me out back there. We owe you one."

Trooper clasped Jard's hand firmly, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "No need to thank me. Just doing what needed to be done."

And with that, the unlikely quartet found themselves forging a bond born out of necessity and shared experience, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.