Jail

The clang of metal bars echoed through the dimly lit jail corridor as Rebel sat slouched on the hard bench, his expression a mix of frustration and resignation. His mind raced with regret over the reckless stunt that had landed him in this predicament.

Suddenly, the heavy door creaked open, and in stormed Defect, his usually composed demeanor replaced by a fiery glare. "What the hell were you thinking, Rebel?!" he bellowed, his voice reverberating off the cold walls.

Rebel looked up, his eyes widening at the sight of his seething brother. "Whoa, easy there, Defect. I didn't expect to see you so worked up," he said, trying to defuse the tension.

Defect scoffed, pacing back and forth in front of the cell. "Worked up?! You're damn right I'm worked up! Do you have any idea the trouble you've caused? Dad is furious, Mom is worried sick, and I had to leave work early to come deal with your mess!"

Rebel shrugged nonchalantly. "Hey, it was just a prank gone wrong. No harm done, right?"

"No harm done? You could've seriously hurt someone, Rebel! This isn't a joke," Defect snapped, his frustration boiling over.

Rebel leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms defiantly. "Relax, Defect. I can handle a night in jail. It's not like it's the end of the world."

Defect clenched his fists, his jaw tensing with anger. "You're unbelievable, you know that? You always think you can do whatever you want without any consequences. Well, guess what? This time, you're facing the consequences, and I'm not going to bail you out of trouble every time you screw up!"

Rebel's brows furrowed in disbelief. "How are YOU mad at ME? I'm the one in jail!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

Defect shook his head, his frustration evident in every tense muscle of his body. "Because, Rebel, I'm tired of cleaning up your messes. I'm tired of watching you make the same mistakes over and over again. When are you going to grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions?"

Silence hung heavy in the air as the weight of Defect's words sank in. Rebel's shoulders slumped, his defiance fading into a resigned acceptance. "I don't know, Defect. But I'm sorry. I really am."

Defect's expression softened slightly at his brother's admission. Sighing heavily, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. "Let's just get you out of here," he muttered, his tone weary but determined.

As Defect handed over the bail money to the officer, Rebel shot him a grateful smile. Despite their differences, he knew that deep down, his brother had always been there for him, ready to pick up the pieces when he fell apart.

As they walked out of the jail together, Rebel vowed to make things right, to prove to Defect that he could change, that he could be better. Because if there was one thing he knew for sure, it was that he never wanted to see that look of disappointment on his brother's face again.