14 • libido

A/N

to all your wet dreams (and mine)
may they come true

༝༚༝༚

c h a p t e r

14

libido

m y r a

I LEANED AGAINST THE WALL.

The crowd had dwindled to faint numbers with the conclusion of tonight's fight. The washrooms were situated at the end of a remote hallway that was dimly lit by yellow bulbs and washed-down walls.

I wiggled my toes, curling them before uncurling them while I waited for Lily.

Tonight had been a blur in the least, with multiple revelations and blood and stench that would take a while to digest and disperse from my mind. The blue cloth was still wrapped around my fingers as I tucked into the material, feeling the silk under my skin.

It was inexpensive, and so were the metal cages and the bet that Lily had won tonight.

Suddenly, a huge shadow loomed over my body, rendering me helpless as it grabbed me violently and clamped a hand over my mouth. The masculine strength of the large body picked me up and jostled me away in the corridor before throwing me against the opposite wall with a force that evoked a scream from within.

I lifted my head as my eyes crashed against a green sea rippling with an intensity that weakened my knees. I looked up at Nicolás, who wore a scowl on his face.

"What-"

He yanked the blue cloth out of my hand and threw it across the room, away from my grasp, before holding my chin in his two fingers and raising it up.

"What do you think you are doing?" He snarled.

I chanced a glance at him and decided to keep my mouth shut when the sight of his sneer came into my vision. The intoxicating scent of mint and spice and the dripping strands of his hair indicated that he had just gotten out of the shower.

"I asked you something."

I sucked in a deep breath, trying to remove my face from his grasp with no avail, "I was invited."

"Were you, now?"

"I-" I stumbled upon my words, "Jeremy-"

"Myra." He hissed as I stilled. It was the first time he had called me by my name; the way the syllables rolled off his tongue formed a knot in my stomach.

He placed his thumb over the sensitive area where my pulse thrummed sombrely. I trembled under his touch as he ran his fingers along my jaw.

"What are you doing?" I asked, unsure of my voice that had turned an octave lower.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck, breathing in deeply as something fluttered in my stomach at the contact. He was warm and strong, his hands sliding down my sides and landing on either side of my waist as he pulled me flush against him.