15 • deal

c h a p t e r

15

deal

n i c o l á s

SUMMER BREAK WAS AROUND THE CORNER.

The deal with Torelli had pleased my father enough that he had let in me on more of his dealings than Pedro. At least, that's what my sources had been telling me.

Matteo may have been selected to be a part of the race, but he wasn't on track anymore. Pedro, who had a good four years on me, had been showing promising results that the familia had been approving of.

Despite being younger than both of my cousins, Don Antonio's son had its perks. But I was more than that. I was much more. I didn't want to be in the shadow of my father. I wanted to be more. I want to create a presence so intense that it would cause ripples.

My father's younger brother, Agustin, was the Underboss of Nuestra Familia and Pedro and Matteo were his prided successors. He believed his sons would rule the legacy the forefathers had left behind, but I had a different plan altogether.

Rakt Hira, also known as the blood diamond in Hindi, was one of the most priceless pieces of jewellery to ever exist. It was a rose gold necklace that boasted a hundred-fifty-carat red cut diamond adorned with intricate patterns.

The jewellery had a heritage of its own, and its worth could be recorded in millions today.

And it was also a dear family heirloom of the Chaudhary family and currently was in the possession of Raja Vikranth Chaudhary.

I eyed my Philippe Patek watch, observing the dials turn with each second. My mind reeled to multiple ways I'd have to acquire it, and all went back to a single person, a certain brunette with her doe eyes and vanilla scent.

I closed my eyes briefly before stretching out on the couch. The VIP lounge was empty at this time of the day since Keith was busy with something I hadn't bothered to remember.

My eyes panned across the field that basked in the golden rays of the sun filtering through a scanty canopy of clouds. It was a serene scene, a complete contrast against the turmoil deep inside.

My lips tingled with the memory of her skin beneath them, hot and ravishing. Whenever she passed by me, working on her feeble attempt to ignore me, my mark on the low of her neck brought out urges from within that hazed my mind.

I wanted her.

It was a bit of an inconvenience that wouldn't necessarily hinder my plans, but an inconvenience nonetheless. Whenever she blinked up at me through her lashes, I wanted nothing more than to take her then and there.

I was used to it, taking what I wanted whenever I wanted. Considering they had wanted me all along.

However, the fight she was trying to put by proving she wanted nothing to do with me only caused my urges to surface faster.

I needed to fuck her out of my system. But her delicate prose and naïve gaze almost made it feel illegal to taint her perfect image.

Which only made me want to ruin her further.

I picked out a cigarette from the packet lying around and put it right between my lips. The black and gold lighter had been a gift from Agustin, the definite design of a dragon with its mouth pouring out the fire with which I lit the stick.