24 • frenzy

A/N

hello lovelies i apologise for the late LATE update, life has been happening a lot i have been sober maybe one out of two weeks since update lawl
anyways i enjoyed writing this chapter, i hope you enjoy reading it as much

hello lovelies i apologise for the late LATE update, life has been happening a lot i have been sober maybe one out of two weeks since update lawlanyways i enjoyed writing this chapter, i hope you enjoy reading it as much

as always
love lilac

༝༚༝༚

c h a p t e r

24

frenzy

m y r a

unedited

IT WAS AKSHAYA TRITIYA.

A festival of endless grace where God blessed those who tied the knot of togetherness. Although I had never really found the need to divulge into the depths of the story, it was a cherished ceremonial tradition in the house.

I had worn a pastel blue Anarkali suit that papa had asked a dear designer from India to stitch. It was adorned with silver jewels and mirrors throughout paired with a mesh dupatta that covered my plunging neckline.

We observed Akshaya Tritiya by conducting a puja, expressing gratitude to the deities for our current wealth and seeking their blessings for future prosperity.

Even Valeria was dressed in a red embroidered saree with golden borders. It matched perfectly with her hair, not making it all overbearing. Sunita must have helped her with it.

Papa however, looked dashing in a black kurta with a ajrak chaddar draped over his torso. I was about to compliment his landlord look, a joke celebrated between my sister and I but I bit back on it, realising things hadn't been the same.

"How are you, meri rajkumari?" He rested his hand on my shoulder, a look of concern marring his hard features. The vulnerability that papa had for me felt fake, forced even out it was just my thoughts twisting everything to make it seem worse.

[Hindi. My princess]

"Excited." I replied absentmindedly as we all headed into the prayer room.

The priest that papa had conjured from god knew where began the procession as we all folded our hands together and closed our eyes.

My mouth followed the chanting as my head began to clear. The burden on my shoulders seemed to lessen with each passing moment. I prayed to god to take away this pain, for strength that I didn't have.