CHAPTER FIVE

THE GAME

“I told you not to run! What if something bad happened to you?!” Joy scolded Yerim angrily as they stood outside the cookie shop.

“I'm sorry, I was just too excited,” Yerim pouted, her demeanor suddenly childlike. Joy glanced at the younger devil's hand and noticed her rubbing it incessantly.

“What happened? Are you hurt?” Joy reached out to touch Yerim's hand, and the latter winced in pain.

“I fell on the ground because someone bumped into me,” Yerim explained cutely, as if she were speaking to a mother.

As Joy tended to Yerim's injury, the mystery man still lingered in her mind. I wonder who he is, he is so beautiful though, she thought to herself, her curiosity piqued by the encounter.

“Let me heal your hand,” Joy interrupted Yerim's thoughts. Suddenly, a white mist appeared in Joy's hand.

As Joy began to heal Yerim's hand, Yerim watched in amazement, her eyes widening as she witnessed the mysterious power at work.

“Wow, Joy, you have healing powers!” Yerim exclaimed in awe. Joy could only offer a faint smile in response.

Once Joy finished healing Yerim's hand, the younger devil bombarded her with questions.

“I want to learn that too!”

“Can you teach me, Joy?”

“Joy, do you teleport, too?”

Joy could only sigh and rub her head at the enthusiastic barrage of questions from the young devil.

“I want to be a powerful devil, Joy!” Yerim jokingly said to her.

Joy's mind suddenly wandered as she remembered the moment when Yerim unleashed unknown power—a power that no ordinary devil could possess.

Well, she could be the powerful devil, Joy chuckled to herself, amused by the irony of Yerim's playful remark.

“Let's go now, Seulgi and Wendy are waiting for us,” Joy said.

“But I want to buy cookies,” Yerim protested, still holding up a handful of sweets. Joy sighed.

“I'll just bake you cookies, let's go,” she insisted, dismissing Yerim's request to buy cookies. leading Yerim away.

Yerim followed reluctantly, but her excitement grew at the thought of Joy baking her cookies.

“Joy, I want to visit your house,” Yerim suddenly exclaimed.

“No, you're not invited,” Joy replied as they began to walk.

“But why? Is there something scary in your house? Wait– do you and Wendy live together?” Yerim asked, puzzled.

“No, we have separate houses, but they're just beside each other,” Joy explained. Yerim nodded in understanding.

“After this, we can tour you around on your new house,” Joy continued.

Yerim exclaimed in shock. “We have our own house here?”

“Yes, you and Seulgi will live there from now on.” Joy revealed, her tone filled with reassurance and warmth.

Azazel had tasked them with providing Yerim with a large house, equipped with everything she could possibly need. He recognized her as special and deserving of such accommodations. However, they decided to keep this information discreet, knowing that jealousy could arise among the newcomers or other demons, if they were to find out.