CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LOVE

In the Angelic realm, angels mingle peacefully, their ethereal forms radiating serenity as they converse, tend to celestial gardens, and harmonize in gentle melodies, embodying the essence of tranquility.

But the peaceful serenity of the Angelic realm shattered into panic and chaos as a group of angels arrived, bearing the charred remains of five of their kin. Shock and sorrow rippled through the ethereal beings as they beheld the gruesome sight, their harmonious melodies silenced by the weight of grief. Whispers of fear and confusion echoed through the celestial expanse, shattering the tranquility that once enveloped the realm.

The Queen, Seraphine, witnessing the chaos, was visibly shocked. Michael, who was also present, approached the bodies, utilizing his power to examine them. In an instant, he discerned the perpetrator through his visionary abilities. Rising to his feet, Michael cast a stern gaze towards Seraphine before striding towards her, his every movement observed by the watching angels.

“They're the angels you ordered to roam around Hell,” Michael seethed at Seraphine. The angels, overhearing his accusation, gasped in disbelief, unaware of this directive.

“And Irene slaughtered them all,” Michael's voice dripped with anger as he locked eyes with Seraphine, who trembled in fear.

At the mention of the queen of hell's name, panic swept through the angels, their fear palpable in the air.

“Irene would reduce these bodies to ashes if she desired,” Michael's anger burned within him, fueled by the fear that his son might one day be caught in Irene's wrath without mercy.

“But she commanded her demons to deliver these bodies to us as a warning,” Michael's teeth gritted with frustration.

“What have you done to Irene, Seraphine?” His steps grew purposeful, causing Seraphine to shrink back in fear.

“I've done nothing, Michael!” Seraphine's denial came swiftly, though her mind churned with her hidden agenda.

Michael's gaze bore into her, skepticism evident in his expression.

“I ordered all angels to retreat from Hell, even the Cherubim. There are no angels in Hell now, Michael, and I don't know where Irene found them,” Seraphine's words rang true, at least in that aspect.

Seraphine harbored secret plans, ones that didn't require the use of angels or Eunwoo to spy on Irene's daughter. Instead, she possessed a more direct route - the power of dreams.

Conflicted within herself, Seraphine grappled with fear towards Irene yet found herself inexplicably drawn to her daughter. Perhaps it was the resemblance to her father, the man Seraphine had once loved. This complex mix of emotions drove her to utilize the power of dreams as a means to reach Bae Yerim, Irene's daughter, directly. Though uncertain of the consequences, Seraphine pressed forward with her clandestine agenda, driven by a blend of apprehension and longing.

Michael, having reached his limit with Seraphine's behavior, turned to face the assembled angels, his decision clear.

“I want to inform all of you that myself and other high-ranking angels have decided to vote for the queen to step down from her position,” Michael declared, sending shockwaves through the gathered crowd, including a frantic Seraphine.

“What are you saying, Michael? This is no joke! I will not step down as queen!” Seraphine's voice reverberated with defiance.

“I am deadly serious, Seraphine,” Michael's tone held firm, his anger palpable as he met her gaze. He had already conferred with the other high-ranking angels, and they shared his concerns. They feared that Seraphine's erratic behavior could lead to another war, or worse, play into Irene's hands.