CHAPTER SIX

RECKONING

The Superior of Hell, Azazel, summoned his most trusted and high-ranking devils for a meeting, commanding their presence in the grand hall. As they gathered, the atmosphere crackled with tension, an aura of anticipation hanging thick in the air.

Azazel, a towering figure of authority, strode into the room, his presence commanding respect and obedience. Around him, the assembled demons shifted nervously, their expressions a mix of apprehension and curiosity.

Rumors had swept through the realm like wildfire, whispers of a sleeping Queen stirring, and the possibility that the newcomer is key to awakening the queen. They hungered for details on her condition, fearing her imminent awakening.

The mention of the newcomer sparked murmurs among the assembled devils, speculation running rampant as they contemplated the stranger's role in the Queen's potential revival. Some eyed each other warily, while others leaned in, eager to glean any information that might shed light on the unfolding mystery.

“I guess you all know why you're here,” Azazel began, his commanding presence filling the grand hall.

“I want you all to be prepared because our Queen might return,” Azazel continued, his voice resonating with a mixture of authority and anticipation, igniting a sense of urgency among his followers.

The assembled demons exchanged uneasy glances, their loyalty to Azazel warring with the fear of the unknown. Some nodded in silent agreement, while others shifted uneasily, their minds racing with the implications of the Queen's potential awakening.

The lore surrounding the sleeping queen, Irene, and her formidable reign as the most feared devil in Hell has been ingrained in the collective consciousness of the infernal realm for generations. Tales of her savagery and unparalleled power have been passed down through the ages, serving as a chilling reminder of her dominance and the consequences of opposing her rule.

Throughout history, the mere mention of Irene's name has struck fear into the hearts of demons, her legacy serving as a cautionary tale for those who dared to challenge her authority. Any who dared to oppose her were swiftly and mercilessly dealt with, their defiance met with swift and unforgiving punishment.

As the daughter of Hell itself, Irene's rule was absolute, her dominion unchallenged by any who dared to cross her path. Her presence cast a shadow of fear and reverence over the entire realm, ensuring that her legacy would endure long after her eternal slumber began.

“How can you be so sure, Azazel, that the newcomer is the key to awakening the Queen?” Yunho, one of the high-ranking devils and a close friend of Azazel, inquired, his skepticism evident as he glanced around at the other assembled demons, their expressions ranging from curiosity to apprehension.

The entire realm was aware of the Queen's eternal slumber, yet the whereabouts of her body and palace remained a mystery. Only select demons possessed the privilege to enter the Queen's sanctum, leaving the rest of the infernal realm in a state of curiosity and speculation.

Intrigue permeated the air as demons of all ranks pondered the queen's fate and speculated on the circumstances of her awakening. While the older demons, veterans of the ancient wars between angels and devils, carried the weight of history and knowledge of the queen's story, the newer generation remained in the dark, their curiosity fueled by whispered legends and fragmented tales passed down through the ages.

As whispers of the Queen's impending awakening circulated among the denizens of Hell, anticipation hung heavy in the air, mingled with a sense of uncertainty and awe. For in the depths of Hell, where time held little sway and darkness reigned supreme, the fate of the queen remained a tantalizing mystery waiting to unfold.