CHAPTER TWELVE

TAKING CONTROL

The Angelic realm is an ethereal and beautiful place, where peace seems to envelope you as soon as you arrive, as if harmony is woven into the very fabric of existence. Here, everyone possesses a unique beauty, yet beneath the surface, not all are as pure as they appear.

Even angels, with their divine presence, grapple with their own inner demons of greed and insecurities.

“Are you being fair right now? You used Cherubim to attack Irene's daughter and that isn't just an assault; you're also attempting to take her life, Seraphine.” Michael's tone grew serious, edged with anger.

He struggled to comprehend the workings of the queen's mind at this moment.

“Do you realize the power that Cherubim wield?” Michael's voice held a note of urgency as he addressed Seraphine. “If my son hadn't intervened, Irene's daughter might already be gone now. And if Irene were to find out this, chaos would erupt once more. You know how fiercely protective she is of her loved ones, especially her daughter, the very one you're targeting.”

Since Irene's awakening, Seraphine had become increasingly paranoid. Sleep eluded her, and food lost its taste. She felt her sanity slipping away, unsure of what to do next..

“Irene will come after me, so I have to take her daughter, that is Irene's weakness... I have to take her daughter, Michael.” Seraphine blurted out, her words tinged with desperation as if she were on the brink of losing her mind.

“Irene will retaliate if you provoke her by taking her daughter, Seraphine. You're playing with dangerous fire again,” Michael stated firmly, his gaze piercing through the queen's frantic demeanor.

As Seraphine continued to babble, seemingly on the brink of losing her mind, Michael felt a twinge of pity mixed with frustration. Irene's awakening had doubled Seraphine's paranoia, and the situation was spiraling out of control.

“This is your final warning, Seraphine. If you don't order your angels to retreat from hell immediately, the consequences will be on your shoulders alone. I won't assist you any further.” Michael declared with unwavering resolve.

Michael had exhausted every effort to calm Seraphine's troubled mind, reassuring her that there was no need for such drastic measures. In their realm, peace prevailed, untouched by the chaos and aggression of the outside world. Yet, Seraphine's fear had clouded her judgment, driving her to contemplate the unthinkable - taking Irene's daughter as a shield against potential retaliation.

However, Michael knew all too well the vast chasm of power that separated Seraphine from Irene, particularly now that Irene had fully awakened. Her dormant powers were staggering in their magnitude, capable of unleashing devastation upon those who dared to challenge her. Any confrontation between them would undoubtedly result in catastrophic consequences, not only for Seraphine but for their entire realm.

Despite his best efforts to dissuade her, Seraphine's fear and desperation blinded her to reason, plunging them all into a perilous game of brinkmanship with Irene, a foe whose power knew no bounds.

With the weight of responsibility heavy upon his shoulders, Michael made a resolute decision to take matters into his own hands. He understood that time was running short, and the fragile peace he had fought so hard to maintain was on the brink of collapse. Irene's unwavering determination and the impending threat of conflict loomed ominously on the horizon.

Prioritizing the safety of his son, who had formed a bond with Irene's daughter and was determined to protect her at all costs, Michael steeled himself for the inevitable confrontation. He knew that facing Irene would not be easy, but he was prepared to do whatever it took to prevent further bloodshed and preserve the delicate balance of their realm.