Chapter 18

Celeste pov

I got home about an hour after Ryan did his move on me, then i went and took a "short" nap. That nap now has me getting ready like a crazy person. I currently have a dress over my head, half my hair brushed, and 2% of make up on.

"Hurry up Celeste it's 7:45 you're gonna be late for the dinner" my mom yelled to me.

I groaned in frustration, i closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I put the brush that was in my hand down and i put on the dress normally. As soon as it was on i regretted even trying it. It was tight and short and it showed some skin. I mean no one goes out like this, it's way too much for a house dinner anyway. I turned to my closet and dug for another dress. I threw clothes behind me and messed my room.

"Celeste what are you doing?! you're late." My mom said busting into my room

"I need a different dress this is not good" i said

"Get out of that closet and come here" my mom said

I backed out of the closet and stood before my mom, she made a face and shook her head.

"I told you!" i said in exasperated I was close to crying because i was so frustrated

"No, the dress isn't the problem, you just need to fix yourself come here" she said

she took me and brushed out the other half of my head and straighten my hair out really quickly. Then she put really simple yet nice makeup on me making me look human, she put on some red lipstick on me then she looked at me from a far and nodded. She went under my bed and got out a pair of gold glittered pumps.

"No, no, no" i said

"Yes yes yes," my mom said she held them towards me then i was being forced to put them on.

"Now go to that dinner" she said pushing me out the door.

I tripped all the way to Hunter's house i thought i was going to end up breaking my ankle or something but i made it there without a scratch. I rang the doorbell  and I felt on my arm and i realized that i didn't wear a sweater. Oh my gosh my cuts! everyone will see. I was about to turn around but the door opened and revealed Mrs.Hayes wearing jeans and a tee...yeah i'm over dressed.

"Hey darling, i was beginning to think you blew me off" she said laughing

"No, i just took a nap and woke up really late..." i said nervously laughing folding my arms across my chest.

"Well the food's almost ready you can just wait if you like" she said

I nodded and looked upstairs for a second... where is everyone? don't tell me that it's just gonna be me and Mrs.Hayes having dinner alone! oh no. Awkward much.

"Where's this kid? can you be a dear and go get Hunter for me in his room? he's been up there all day" she said deep in the kitchen.

"Y-yeah, sure" i said and slowly and steadily made my way upstairs.

I made it upstairs without a scratch but i almost broke my legs going up and i swore i was going to fall down if i didn't remove these shoes. I took them off then knocked on the door. No answer

"Hunter?" i said

"Walk into the room sweetie he might not here you he tends to ignore people!" his mother shouted at me

i slowly turned the door knob and slowly walked in. I kept my eyes closed just in case he was...naked. "Hunter your mom said to go down for dinner" i said quickly but no one answered.