Chapter 35

Celeste pov

The next day I woke up with worry of maybe I actually knew the kid who was crying and I worried that maybe I may never know who he is now.

For some reason I feel an attachment towards him but I don't know why. It's like as if something strong pulls me towards him, like my heart is his and his flesh is mine. It's an odd feeling yet I kinda like it.

I look around seeing no one in the room with me. I look at the clock on the wall.

9 a.m

My parents probably have gone off to work. I sigh and close my eyes as it was the only thing I could do pretty much.

I close my eyes and lay in darkness that my eyes have created. The beeping of the heart monitor near me blocks out all my thoughts frustrating me.

Maybe if I try blocking it out I could paint an image in my mind.. something that makes me happy and alive with emotion.

I close my eyes tighter and concentrate. Soon the beeping fades and it's all quiet.

Now I'm in the darkness of my own without a sound.

Think happy. Smiley. Emotion.

I thought deeper and deeper and an image of a black box with a pretty red ribbon appeared then left and then I saw a smile a beautiful smile.

Teeth so perfect and bleach white. It came along with a chuckle and my lips tugged into a smile of it's own. My heart fluttered and I felt happy.

"That's good, you're smiling " someone said

I quickly opened my eyes and saw the boy from the other day. His face was just as sad as before and he looked more tired.

I sat there a little frozen... I'm pretty sure I looked weird smiling like that.

"What got you smiling so deeply? Remembered something? " he asked sitting

"Uh--nothing.." I said

He looked at me with his gorgeous eyes. Then smiled shaking his head.

That smile! His smile! They look just alike, so pretty. I wish he could smile all day long.

"I uh brought you this," he said stepping towards me with a sketch book

I looked at it and used my only good hand to take it. I opened the first page and saw a portrait of Jeremy.

"You know who that is?" he asked me

"Yeah of course, that's Jeremy Runs" i said matter of factually
"Hes so Pretty" i said

"His attitude isn't" he mumbled under his breath

I looked up at him and smiled to myself. I turned the page and saw a picture of a girl crying with mean words and insults behind her. I looked at the picture and the words in the back were so mean, yet i could remember being felt like this before, being insulted and embarrassed.

A lump grew in my throat and I closed the book.

"Why did you bring that here?" I asked him getting upset

"I- I thought it would help you remember" he stuttered

"Well you thought wrong okay, just get that away from me " I said looking at the blank tv screen.

He didn't say anything he just stood there for a while then he went and sat down on the couch.

It was super quiet and i just sat there staring at the tv. I could feel his gaze on me. We stayed like this for a long time...it felt like a long time at least.

I heard him swear under his breath then he got up "Want me to turn that on for you? Staring at it wont open it unless you're maltida and you had her powers... but you don't... " he said

"Or do you? " he asked stepping in front of me with one raised brow

I looked at him trying to stay serious but the way he wiggled his brows at me was just so silly I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

He smiled and went to turn on the tv he clicked through the channels as nothing interested me. Then I saw finding nemo about to start. My eyes widen and I felt super excited.

He looked over at me and chuckled. He walked back to the couch and took a seat letting me watch it alone.

"I brought you something but I forgot it in the car... I'll be back in a tick " he said

I nodded and paid attention to the movie.