chapter 24

Celeste pov

School was over, but the whole time I was there I couldn't stop thinking about Hunter and that girl this morning. I couldn't tell who she was I didn't see her face much but I think it was Cheyenne.

I saw Hunter every minute today and we would have that awkward eye contact, each time I'd smile his face would be turned and he would be in a deep conversation with someone else.
I got home and took a shower, I ate a little something then did my homework. After I was texting Ryan but my mind kept wandering on to Hunter.

I laid in bed and contemplated whether I should go talk to him about today... even though that girl already did, I just wanna know what's wrong with him..

I looked at the time 8:08, he won't be asleep.. it's still pretty early.

I got up and walked to his house ,outside was pretty dark already.

I got there and knocked on the door, I waited a bit then the door flung open revealing a sweaty shirtless Hunter. My eyes scanned his body unwillingly till finally I met his smiling eyes.

"What are you doing here? " he asked

"I - uh-" he cut me off as I was lost for words

"Did you walk here? Alone? " he asked more stern

"Yeah" I said finally

"How many times have I told you I don't want you walking alone at night? Something could've happened to you, especially when you're wearing that " he said looking at me

I looked down at what I was wearing, there's nothing wrong with it, except for the fact I didn't have a sweater on.
I looked back up at him brow raised.

"You see nothing wrong with it do you? " he asked

"No not really.. " I said

"Well you're a small fragile innocent girl walking ALONE at night wearing shorts that extenuate your butt and you're wearing a v-neck that hugs you perfectly.. tell me that won't make some perv want to kidnap you. "

I chuckled to myself with my head down when I looked back up I saw Hunter slightly smiling to himself.

"Come in already " he said moving out the way.

I stepped inside and he closed the door behind us. Then he stood just staring down at me, I looked up at him but I couldn't get to his eyes .

"Well," he said after a while "what do you want? " he asked

"Oh, Yeah... I came to uh " I began but he cut me off.

" That's right, your shirt. Give me a moment " he said then ran up to his room.

He left and I let out a sigh, why is it so hard for me to speak to him?

In an instant he came down with a black matte box and a pretty red ribbon tied around it. I became nervous and still as he stood in front of me.

What do I do? Should I take this? Is it even by shirt? What's going on?

"Hello, can you take it! " he said a little loud with anger or annoyance in his voice.

I took it and stood there staring at the box. Why did he buy me a gift... or put my shirt in a gift box.

"Yeah, I'll take you home now." He said already by the door with his helmet in hand.

Wow, he probably took what I told him seriously. I thought hunter would be stubborn and come talk to me by now. I guess I wouldn't blame him.

"Yeah. Sure." I said pressing my lips into a smile.