6.

Alani

Last night, AJ had to go handle some business, as in sell some dope, and he hadn't been back all morning. I walked downstairs and into the living room to grab my purse because I would be leaving for work soon. I stopped what I was doing hearing my phone start to ring.

"Hello?"

"Wassup baby?"

"Nothing, I'm about to leave the house now."

"Oh...you on your way to work?"

"Yeah."

"Aight...well I'ma see you when you get home."

"You didn't come home last night, I missed you."

"I know, I missed you too, but I'ma be there when you get home and we can chill."

"Okay."

"Aight."

"Love you, bye."

"I love you more, I'll talk to you later."

I then hung up.

I grabbed my purse and keys, then a banana from in the kitchen. Afterwards I walked out of the door, shutting and locking it behind me.

-

"I'm soooo hungry." My co-worker–Karmen–said as we sat down for lunch.

"Same." I unwrapped my chicken wrap.

As I was eating, I turned my head to see August walking through the entrance door. I watched as he scrolled on his phone while getting in line to order food.

"Damn

"Damn." Karmen said biting her bottom lip as she watched his every move intently.

I laughed.

"He is fine as a fuck." She said.

I looked at him and I had to admit she wasn't lying.

"Boy got me wet just looking at him." She said.

"Oh my god, you are too much." I laughed.

I was too embarrassed to even face August after what happened the other day. AJ really embarrassed me. I knew it wasn't intentional though.

After receiving his food, he came and sat down at a table across from us and Karmen could not take her eyes off of him. It was obvious that he'd noticed her too. His head hung low as he slightly chuckled.

"I already know his beige ass is cuffed." She sighed. "Let me stop."

"That doesn't mean anything. Niggas still will cheat." I chuckled.

"Yeah you right, I should go over there huh?" She smiled.

I laughed.

"Nah, but really..I don't think there are any good men out there." She shook her head.