22.

The following week..

Omniscient

It was a dark and windy night and August had just arrived at the building of his condo from Chick-fil-A. The warm wind blew August's jackets as he got of his car, shutting and locking his door. He grabbed the bag of Chick-fil-A for he and Alani as he participated in a conversation on the phone with his sister Daviney. He glanced up at the beautiful night sky then entered the entrance of the building. After getting off of the elevator he walked to the door of his condo. Taking his keys out, he put it in the hole then walked in.

"When ya gonna come and see ya sista and nephew August?" His sister sighed as he sat the bag of food on the counter.

"Soon, I promise. It's jus' I have a friend I'm kinda takin care uh right nah."

"Oh yeah, what happened ta 'em?"

"She jus' goin' through some shit right nah. She was shot and...I hope she'on get mad at me fa tellin ha business..but yeah, jus' a lotta otha' terrible shit. I'm the only person she got at the moment."

"Ah damn. I'm sorry ta hea' dat. What's ha name?"

"Ha name is Alani. I think I actually metioned ha ta ya a few months ago."

"She mus' be really important ta ya fa ta rememba dat far back boy, cause I don't rememba'." Daviney chuckled.

August too chuckled. "Yeah..yeah she is." He said, thinking about Alani.

"Is that Uncle August?" August heard a little boys voice in the background.

"Chase wanna talk to you." Daviney smiled.

"Fasho, put em' on the phone." August smiled at the though of his nephew.

"Uncle August."

"Wazzam lil man. Whachu doin?"

"Playin cars."

"Playin cars? Man dats wassup. You gotta come see Unc so I can play witchu again like las' time."

"Yay! I am fasho'."

August chuckled. Alani then came out of the bedroom and into the kitchen with August. He gave her a smile before resuming his conversation with his nephew. Alani found it cute how August had a nephew and was taking the time to talk to him.

"I miss ya."

"I miss ya too lil man. You been respectin ya mama?"

"Yes-Unc I gotta go, Briannas here." Chase rushed off of the phone.

"Who?" August frowned.

"August, I'a talk ta ya lata. My home girl and her daughta Brianna aka Chase's new girlfriend are hea'."

"Ah, I see my nephew pullin." August chuckled. "But aight sis, holla at 'cha lata. Love you."

"Mhm, bye."

August then ended the call.

"That was your nephew?" Alani smiled, leaning against the island.