5.

Alani

I woke up, yawning. The smell of pancakes then hit my nose.

It was now the weekend and I would be having some joy because I wouldn't have to work. I looked over and didn't see AJ in the bed so I assumed that he was elsewhere in the house.

I got up out of bed then walked in the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and washing up, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I then saw AJ in front of the stove, cooking.

This is a big surprise.

I'm guessing he heard my footsteps and turned around smiling at me. "Good morning baby." He pecked my lips.

"Goodmorning." I smiled. "You cook?" I sat down at the table.

He chuckled. "I decided to this morning, for you." He sat a plate down in front of me. "That's yours."

I slightly smiled, sitting down at the table. "Thank you."

I looked down at the somewhat burnt bacon and over cooked scrambled eggs. This is why he's never cooked. He can't.

Welp.

He sat across from me. I then silently said my blessing and we dug in. We both took one bite of the pancakes he'd cooked and frowned. "Uh-uh." We both shook our heads, spitting it back out.

"That's why I don't ever remember you cooking. How do you mess up pancakes? They're so easy to cook." I chuckled.

I took both our plates then scraped our food inside of the trashcan. "You're just waisting all of these groceries." I shook my head.

"You tryna say I can't cook?" He held his heart.

"You can't." I laughed.

He too laughed. "Aight, I can't honestly. But I tried, for you. Tryna show you how much I love you and how sorry I am." He pecked my lips.

"I know." I slightly smiled. "Thank you for trying."

I began to wash the dishes out, humming a little to myself. It seems like whenever i'm washing dishes or sweeping, just cleaning in general, I always sink into my thoughts. It's like a little time to myself almost.

Suddenly I felt something on my waist, causing me to jump. I looked up to see AJ sighing, running his hands over his head. He then sat down.

It had been almost two months and I had been doing so well with the flinching away from him and everything. He hasn't been hitting me at all. I don't know what happened.

"I didn't know it was you. I'm sorry." I said.

He looked up at me with guilt in his eyes. "Nah, don't be sorry baby." He sighed. "It's my fault I gotchu jumpin' and shit."

I really didn't know what to say at that point. I knew he was sorry though. And I forgive him, I do. I walked over to him and stood between his legs. I then lifted his face up so that he looked me in my eyes.

"Don't beat yourself up about this. You're doing so well. That's all that matters, is that you're changing." I caressed his face with my thumb.

And he really was changing. I know some things haven't but hopefully later. I couldn't be more happier that he's taken care of the more important things that needed a change.

"You know, ya such a good person." He paused. "Actually, fuck dat, you're way better than good. You're amazing." He said.

I lightly chuckled.