15.

Omniscient

It was 5:04pm and Alani stood with her ear against the door as she listened to Cannon's conversation about her with some unknown person.

"Sex traffickin' huh?" Cannon chuckled.

He was on the phone discussing what he would next do with Alani. His original plan was to kill her for causing his brothers death and too just for fun, but he then got offered a different or more profitable plan. Sex trafficking, in which he would get paid great amounts of money and drugs for his business. There was a man in Decatur, Georgia by the name of Kevin who had given him this offer. And because of everything Cannon would get out of this offer, he of course accepted it.

Alani's heart stopped, hearing those two words. She immediately grew afraid.

"Nah, I'on really care what happens to the bitch honestly, I'm just in this for the product and the money.....I'm positive.....Aight, it's no problem, I can bring her to you.....Yeah, bye." Cannon then hung up the phone, a huge smirk playing on his face. He couldn't help but have as much joy as he was, the thoughts of all that he would get from this running through his head.

Alani stood in the dark room with her mouth agape. She then slid down the door, breaking down in tears. She just once again couldn't understand why God was letting her go through this.

She shook her head then began to pray in utter desperation. She asked to die, all that she'd been wanting.

"Please, just let me go. I don't want to be here anymore God, please. This is too much." She cried.

She begged a pleaded for death to take her. She kept on wishing she would just lie over and never wake up, and she couldn't understand why she was still awake. Why was she still awake? This was the lowest point she'd yet to be in her entire life. She no longer wanted to be on earth. She saw no point in it. She was tired.

"Does God even love me? Is he even listening?" She asked herself after pouring out her feelings to him.

After crying so much and so hard Alani sank into sleep, hoping that she wouldn't wake up.

--

"Yeah I'm boutta bring her." Cannon said to Kevin over the phone.

It was 11:00pm and now the time that he and Kevin had planned on meeting up so that Cannon could sell to him Alani.

Cannon got off of the phone with Kevin then went to get Alani as his brother Roc went to situate their weapons in their vehicle's trunk. Cannon walked into the room to see a sleeping Alani. She sat, holding her knees against her chest as her head lay on them.

"Fuck! It stank in here!" He scrunched up his face, pinching his nose. "Alani!" He said loudly, startling Alani out of her sleep.

He chuckled as she jump then looked around. He then grabbed her by both her arms and began walking her out if the room.

"Where are you taking me!" She pulled away from him, remembering the conversation she heard him having earlier.

"Shut the fuck up!" He said between gritted teeth, trying his best to push her out of the house.

"No!" She jerked away from him, completely slipping out of his grip. Cannon stared at her in disbelief of her actions, trying his best not to kill her before he even got to Kevin.