Prologue

This book is dedicated to any and everyone suffering from depression.

__

Prologue

March 21, 2016

I stared down at the few passing vehicles, tears falling from my eyes every other second. I couldn't feel a thing. It was as if I was numb to world.

"Alani baybeh please." He said.

I didn't bother to look up because I already knew what I was about to do. I had made my mind up. I was done for sure this time.

"Come on baybeh, please don't do dis shit. This isn't the answer."

Tears continuously fell from my eyes as I nervously chewed on my lip. I'm not strong. I've never been strong but instead the weakest little thing somehow, just some way that I don't know, managing to get through all obstacles thrown at her. But not anymore.

"Please." He pleaded. "I'm sorry about earlia' aight? I'm sorry about everything I said ta ya mama just-"

I then felt him getting closer to me. "Alani look at me fa a second baybeh, please. I need you to listen to me."

I shut my eyes and shook my head, trying to control the tears, a big lump in my throat. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I then took a deep breath.

"Alani! Wait!"

Ignoring him, I then scooted forward, letting go of the railing. I felt myself falling not even a split second later, my heart damn near stopping. The wind blew past my face and felt my hair blowing back.

For a very small moment it all just felt so surreal to me and the only thing I wanted to do was cry. Its over for me.

Before I knew it, I felt myself come to a halt and a tight grip around my waist. My eyes widened and I gasped loudly, feeling my waist quickly being let go of and myself falling further. My wrist was then gripped tightly. I looked up, tears still falling from my eyes. I then saw him struggling to hold onto me.

Is he going to let me go? I thought to myself.

"I'm not lettin' go baybeh, I promise." He said to me. "Jus, jus try and gimme ya otha' hand."

I only stared into his watery eyes. I felt I was speaking but no words would come out.

"Come on mama, gimme' ya otha' hand."

Still, the only thing I could do was blink.

Because I saw no point in me living any longer. I had nothing or no one. There was nothing at all for me to lose, I'd already lost it all. So instead, I closed my eyes, ready to completely let go.

"Fuck Alani no! Shit! Please jus'- Please baybeh! Please! Don't! I believe in you! Open ya' eyes! Please ju-jus stay awake!" His grip on my wrist tightened.

I don't know what and I don't know why, but something in me then changed.

I slowly opened my eyes, coming in contact with his.

"You gotta stay awake." He repeated those words.

---

Pow!

I know many of you are like wth? This girl unpublished the whole story then all of a sudden months later posts a prologue. Like? 🙄

I know, I know. But is it too late now to say sorry?

Seriously. The plot for "Promises", the original name of the story, was just a complete mess. I'm talm bout the title and everything 😑 complete mess. I realized I only had ideas for the story and not a whole plot for it. How that work?

So because of that I began to fall out of love with "Promises". I feel like in order for you guys to connect with the book and grow to like it, I have to. Because I'm the author. I was just typing chapters with no feelings what so ever put into them. So they were just shitty chapters and I honestly didn't wanna keep giving you guys that.

So I've rethought the plot and I still am. Hopefully this time around what happened last time won't happen again.

I hoped you guys still like me. I still love you.

Your thoughts? Lemme know pls.

Ki