28.

Alani stood in front of the counter gathering up all of the ingredients she'd previously used for the dinner she was cooking August and herself.

It was going on 7:30 and August was currently unlocking the door to the condo while reading a text message. He frowned at it, smacking his lips as he entered the condo. His eyes ran over the text one last time as he shut and locked the door, throwing his keys in the key basket afterwards.

Alani peeked around the corner hearing him enter.

"Hey." She said, standing on her tippy toes, putting the cooking spray back up in the cabinet.

"Wazzam baybeh." He turned his phone off, sliding it in his pocket. He hugged her waist from behind, placing a kiss on her cheek.

He then went and took a seat at the table, sitting his camera down. He sighed, relaxing back in the stool. He licked his lips, his hand on his forehead and his eyes closed. He was exhausted after doing as many shoots as he had and it felt good to just sit back and relax.

Alani watched him. "Long day I see. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good." He slightly shook his head. "Jus' ti'ed das it. A lotta people usually book shoots on Fridays for some reason so..ya kno' how dat go."

"Yeah." She sat a dish in the sink.

He watched her as she put the baked potatoes in the oven.

"I see you done cooked it up. Got da chicken and the corn and..what is dat?" He squinted his eyes. "Pasta?"

"Shrimp scampi."

"Shrimp scampi and broccoli, baked potatoes."

She lightly chuckled. "Yeah, I thought I'd cook a little something for you after all you've done aaand I thought I'd show you how better of a cook I am than you so.."

He smirked, biting his lip. "Mmm, is dat right. I mean it looks good but does it taste good?"

"Whatever."

August chuckled. "I'm finna go shower in a minute, I'll be the judge afterwards."

Alamo smiled, shaking her head at him.

"Comea', ya competitive ass. How was ya day?" He grabbed her wrist, bringing her between his legs.

She laughed. "Good." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

August wrapped his arms around her waist while rubbing on her butt, bringing her even closer to him. "You smell good."

She slightly smiled. "You do too and Aug...how many shoots did you do today?" She asked, seeing how low his eyes were and the bags under them had gotten heavier.

"Uh..I think like seven and two of 'em were outta town."

"Back to back?"

"Back ta back." He nodded.

"Geesh." She said. "Thats a lot. So you got no breaks again today?"

August shook he head no.

She sighed. "Well did you eat cause I've noticed how you are, always puttin your health last and stuff."