30.

"Uh-Uh. Hold up." Alani frowned just as August was about to lay another card down.

It was the night before Alani's 19th birthday and she and August sat by the couch on his living room floor. R&B music played lowly in background on August's HomePod speaker as they competed in a card game of Speed.

August stopped. "What?" He lightly chuckled, looking up at her.

"You know you cannot put a Queen on top of a Ace Aug. Cheatin' ass." She fought her smile, hitting him on a his chest.

"Ow, yo hands heavy as shit." August laughed. "I ain' know damn." He lied.

Alani smiled, shit facing him."Lyin' ass, shut up." They both laughed. "Here. You thought you was slick." Alani picked up the Queen card, tossing it back at him.

"Not dat time." August said.

"Oh my gosh. You're such a cheater bruh." Alani laughed, continuing to play the game.

"I'ma gone ahead and let chu know, you boutta take this L luh baybeh."

"Nah I'm bout to take this W fuck you mean?" She chuckled. "All them cards you have left please." She took a sip from her bottle of Hennessy.

" She took a sip from her bottle of Hennessy

August smiled. "Bet." He threw 2 more cards down, leaving him with only 9 more cards in his hand.

"You ready to flip?" Alani asked, seeing he'd stopped throwing down.

"Yeah."

They then both flipped a card each and August start speedily throwing down all of his cards, Alani not able to throw her last card anywhere.

"Speed." August smirked, once all of his cards were gone.

Alani sat with her one card in her hand, an annoyed expression on her face. She rolled her eyes.

"Cheater." She said.

August stuck his tongue out, shaking his head from side to side. "You lost, hahaha." He said childishly, rubbing it in.

"Shut up." Alani fought her laugh. "I'm never playing you again. You deadass cheated. Like I had one card left. How the fuck?"

"Aw don't be a sore losa' baybeh." August laughed. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pecking her lips as he pulled her onto his lap.

"Whatever." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I gotchu next time." She said.

"Oh yeah?" August smirked, licking his lips.

"Yep, for sure." She said popping the 'p'.

"Mmm nah." He chuckled.

Alani laughed.

"You already took your medicine right?" August suddenly thought about the depression medicine Alani had gotten prescribed to take a week or two ago by her psychiatrist.