27.

😉😉😉

Omniscient

It was now nearing the month of May which meant summer was almost here so it was now getting really hot outside in Atlanta. Since it was a really nice and sunny out today, August and Alani decided to go to Lenox Mall. The two held hands as they walked through the mall conversing.

It had now been two weeks since the awkward incident the two had at August's photography studip. Things were now back to normal again and not the slightest bit of awkward between them. It was almost like it never even happened.

"I need to be looking in some of these stores for a job opening. I gotta find one soon." Alani said.

"Yeah? Why is dat?" August asked.

Alani frowned. "So I can make some money..." She chuckled.

August then reached in his pocket and pulled out a stack of money then handed it to her. "Look at dat. You jus' made a whole bunch."

She smiled, smacking her lips. "My own money Aug."

"Dat is ya own money."

Alani sighed, handing August the stack of money back. "I appreciate everything, really, but I can't depend on you forever Aug. And I wanna do some things for myself ya know?"

"I guess I can understand dat." He rolled his eyes, looking down at her.

"Plus I gotta show my appreciation by paying you back for everything." She sipped some of her drink.

After Alani was finished taking a sip from her drink, August stole it out of her hand, taking a drink for himself.

"Aug..really?"

"What?" He frowned. "And I'ain lettin you do dat."

"Why not? I want to."

"Cause I said so." He said, still drinking her soda.

Alani sighed, rolling her eyes. "Whatever. I'm still paying you back."

"Nah, I'm serious Lani." He shook his head. "I'm not gone take it. Fa what? I don't want none'n from you mama. Jus' fa you ta take care of yaself and grow, dats it, none'n else. You decide ta get a job? Coo', which you don't actually need one cause I gotchu, but if you do, you not payin me back. Period."

"Fine then." Alani said. "Maybe."

He chuckled. "I hope ya find somethin you like doe' baybeh."

"Me too."

"Aight, lets go in hea'." He said as they approached FootLocker.

"Can I please have my drink back?"

"Yeah, it's possible." He shrugged, still drinking her soda.

"Aug stop playin wit' me. May I please have my drink back?"

He smiled, handing Alani her drink. She went to drink some but only a sip came out. Shaking her drink, she only heard ice moving around and her head shaking.