Chapter 2

Pervaz

Aries sat at his desk scribbling on a piece of paper. The wretched prince had once again ordered a new batch of clothes. That spoiled brat would spend thousands and thousands on unnecessary things while the rest of the population starved.
With Pervaz's lack of technology, Aries always had to sow things by hands. He had heard of the multiple machines in Versailles and wished he could go there instead.
He had always hated Pervaz. The only people who prospered in this burning hell were the nobles. For commoners like him, it was a fight for survival everyday. He hated to admit it, but Prince Ophiuchus's name was the only thing that kept him safe.
He heard the door open. Strange? He had closed the shop couple minutes ago.
"Yo Aries! You in there?"
Scorpio! Of course it was her. He walked to the front door only to see a beautiful woman covered in blood.
"Scorp! How many time have I told you not to dirty my carpets!" The tailor shouted in disbelief.
"Yikes! Most people would say "Why are you drenched in blood?" instead of caring about some stupid carpet."
"Who cares?! My carpet is dirty!"
"Just shut up and get me a change of clothes."
Aries gave up. His carpet was already done for and he knew how stubborn his friend could be.
He went upstairs and took out an outfit for her.
He went back downstairs and gave it to her.
Scorpio took one look at it and said "Seriously. You're a tailor and this is the best you got."
Aries tried hard not to let his annoyance show but failed to succeed.
Scorpio stared at his face and burst into laughter. "Relax, I'm just teasing you." She took off her sweater only to be interrupted. "Don't change in front of me! You're not three anymore!"
"So you'd look if I was three? Pedophile."
Aries's face grew flustered at the constant teasing of his friend.
"Just get a room! Please."
Scorpio stucked a tongue out making her way into a room only to receive two middle fingers from the tailor.
Aries sat down exhausted. He was already burned from work and Scorpio just HAD to cause problems. The door opened revealing a tall sophisticated lady. She was dressed in a button down tucked into her pants and was covered by a cloak.
Aries bowed at the noble lady. "Greetings Lady Pisces, may I ask what brings you here after hours?"
"His royal highness needs his outfits right now."
Aries nodded and went to pick up what he had finished already. Although his work was incomplete, he didn't want to witness the fury of the prince for his incompetence.
When he got back he saw Scorpio chatting with the prince's aide.
"Scorp? What do you think you're doing?"
"Oh, it's nothing. I was just telling my friend over here that she looks like an independent girl boss." She raised a hand demonstrating Pisces stoic behavior.
Aries was not having it. "Ha ha. Very funny. Now tell me the truth."
Scorpio pouted. He didn't have to call her out like that. "I was just telling her how much of a carpet freak you are." She pointed at the blood stain she made earlier.
The tailor was in absolute disbelief. Did this girl have no self-consciousness?! One of the royal family's vassal was standing right behind her and she wasn't even a little bit discrete.
Eventually, Pisces left leaving the two friends alone in silence.
"She offered me a job. To assassinate some princess." Scorpio announced the new to Aries.
"Good for you."

...

Pisces made her way through the capital of Pervaz. She arrived at the palace gate. The guards on duty immediately recognized her and et her in.
She was grateful for the opportunity the prince has given her. The opportunity to feed her family and bring value to the Cezar name.
After her family had fallen for supporting the previous king, they were left with nothing but a name. But Prince Ophiuchus saw value and potential in her talents and gave her a job as his aide. Although her job consisted of all the dirty work that goes against her value.
At this point in life, she had no more pride left. The only thing bringing her joy were her little siblings smile when she would come home once in a while.
"Pisces, did you do what I asked you?"
She hears the firm and affirmative voice she dreaded so much.
"Yes, your highness."
The prince gave her an insincere grin. "Good, I need to get rid of that waste of oxygen. She never knows her place. If only she would go drop dead."
Pisces could only nod at her master's comment, no matter how cruel he could be. She didn't want to get punish like she did when he first recruited her. The crown prince was a sadist and everyone knew.
She went walked to her private quarters and laid on her bed. She's been wondering a lot about the princess. No one has ever seen her other than the current queen, a cruel woman who would do anything to put her son on the throne. She didn't knew what prince Ophiuchus was worried about. The princess was illegitimate which means she had no rights to the throne, so why did he despise her to the point where he would hire an assassin to go after her?
Meeting the Dark Angel(Scorpio) today was nothing more than a mere coincidence. It wasn't hard finding her. She could feel the bloodlust the assassin was showing.

...

At Aries place:

"Good for you! You got a job!" Aries shouted sarcastically. One would usually be happy for their friend but when your friend is an assassin, it's a whole different story.
"You don't understand. My face had never been made public."
"So your point is?"
"How did she know it was me?! I never even told her my name even less my nickname!"
"Maybe you weren't as careful as you thought."
"Aries, I'm being serious right now. If that woman knew, imagine how many more would know. They're gonna have my head."
It was the first time Scorpio has ever panicked. She was always able to keep it cool with her lime of work and all.
"Relax, it was probably a job asked by the Crown prince."
Scorpio raised an eyebrow. It seemed she didn't know who lady Pisces is.
"That woman, Lady Pisces, is the Prince Ophiuchus's aide. If anything, the prince will also have to be held accountable."
Scorpio raised her hand and hit the back of Aries's head.
"Ow! What was that for?!"
Scorpio pointed at the door. "That, that was one of the prince's people! And you didn't think you should have told me about your connection to the prince!"
She took a deep breath, trying to process the new information she just received. "No wonder you don't get thieves."