Chapter 11

Pervaz

Pisces stood in the middle of the massive ballroom. She had been tasked, along with a team of other nobles, with the preparation of the ball which will happen on the first night of the three kingdom summit.
The multiple workers were all dispersed across the room decorating. From the walls to the chandelier, the final result was going to be incredible.
A worker walked up to her. "Lady Pisces, where should I put these tables?"
She pointed on the side of the room.
At that moment, the prince walked in.
"Working hard, my lady?"
She curtsied at the sight of him. "Yes, your highness. As you can see, the preparations are coming along. We should be finish by tonight, just in time for the ball."
Ophiuchus nodded. "Well, if you're not to busy, how about you come greet the guests with me."
"Unfortunately, I'm quite occupied."
He sighed. "Pisces, I don't think you understood. I don't care. Don't think you have a choice just because I asked. Follow me."
Although she looked unbothered by the prince's cruel remark, inside, she was currently stabbing the insufferable monarch in the heart repeatedly.
The walked outside and saw a carriage with the gladian crest.
Three people walked out. First were the ruling king and his wife. They were both smiling with warm looks on their face. They might be from the land of the cold, but their expression suggest otherwise.
Then walked out a man. He was young, not older than twenty.
"King Genos, Queen Reina!" Prince Ophiuchus exclaimed, welcoming the royal couple. "I welcome you to Pervaz. I hope the ride wasn't too troublesome. Make yourself comfortable. My servants will take care of everything. "
King Genos shook the prince's hand. "My have you've grown. I still remember when you were child. Talking about child, this is my son Gemini and my nefew should be here soon. " The king pointed at his son who bowed respectfully.
"Greetings your highness."
Ophiuchus bowed back. "I have things to get back to. I'll see you tomorrow at the ball. If there's any problem with the accommodation, please tell me. I promise I will be making your stay more comfortable."
The prince turned around and signaled his assistant to follow.
"Now, I shall go get ready. I suggest you do the same Lady Pisces. My father shoumd be greetings the Versans soon so we don't need to worry about that. "
As Pisces walked behind him, she couldn't help but notice the menacing air around Ophiuchus. After working for him for so long, she had gotten use to his constant scheming, but at the moment, something was off.
It was obvious, the prince was planning something.
What could it be?
She decided to let it go. After all, as long as she was on his side, it didn't concern her.

...

"Aquaaaa! How long till we get there!" Taurus whined.
The trip from Versailles to Pervaz was long, a good half a day of carriage.
"Stop complaining like a child. We'll be there soon."
The princess pouted. "Why didn't you go with Saggi?"
"And left you alone with him!" He pointed a finger demonstrating Cancer who was sitting in front of him, right next to Taurus. "I don't think so. Imagine all the shenanigans you too would do."
Taurus was about to rebut her brother's claims, but was quickly cut off by Cancer. "I think we're here. We can see the palace."
And he was right. The carriage stopped abruptly and out the window could be seen the king, or some might call a tyrant, of Pervaz.
The coachman opened the door. Aquarius was the first to step out. He straightened out his jacket and went to greet the king.
"

King Firenzo! It's a pleasure to see you."
The old king let out a small laughter. "It's been a while, hasn't it. I've been meaning to congratulate you for ascension to the throne. I would also like to give my condolences to your late father."
Although the conversation seemed quite respectful on the outside, the truth was, their relationship was nothing more than a diplomatic one. Neither liked each other's presence and they were both dreading the conversation. The only reason both put on a smile and greeted each other, was mainly to avoid a disagreement between the two kingdoms.
"I'll shall see you at the ball Prince Aquarius... or shall I say King Aquarius."
Even though the king's remark was harmless, it was obvious he was hinting that he hadn't accepted him as a king yet.
Aqua turned around to his carriage. Cancer, who had escorted Taurus down the carriage, and his sister had witnessed the entire scene.
He sighed. "Just a few more nights with those arrogant pricks."
"Your highness, I recommend you be careful. We wouldn't want to cause a diplomatic problem between the two countries. They might be ready to attack any moment, but that doesn't mean we can do the same."
Aquarius sighed again. Cancer was right, they were not ready for a battle unlike Pervaz which have been in a state of defense for decades.
"How about we go rest before the ball."

...

Pisces stood in the middle of the ballroom. She admired her handiwork pridefully.
They were soon going to announce the reigning monarch of each kingdom.
With a couple of minutes left, she took advantage of it to do a last minute check of everything.
She suddenly heard the door open.
"Announcing their highness King Genos and Queen Reina along with Crown Prince Gemini."
The Gladian royal family walked in with smile on their faces waving at everyone and went in the crowd.
Next was the Versans.
"Announcing his majesty King Aquarius and Princess Taurus."
They did the same than the Gladian and disappeared among the nobles.
And lastly. "Announcing King Firenzo and Crown Prince Ophiuchus."
But instead of going into the guests, they walked to their throne. They both sat down and there was a moment a silence.
That was until the king stood up, raising his glass, and made his toast. "Today, is the annual Three Kingdom Summit ball. I welcome our guest fron Versailles, Pervaz and Gladia. It's a pleasure to gave you all to celebrate our kingdom's alliance. I would like to congratulate King Aquarius in his ascension to the throne. May you live and prosper during your reign.
To the rest of our guest, may you have a wonderful time tonight."
Some clapped while others stayed silent after the king's speech. Opinions about him were still quite divided, but it wasn't like they could do anything, after all, he was the king.

...

Aquarius went up to his fiancée. Something bothered him, but he didn't knew what.
"Hey."
"Hey."
In the awkward silence, not a sound came out of their mouth. Only the music could be heard.
Saggitarius decided to be the first to take the leap. "There's something about the Pervazian's royal family."
Aqua turned around. "You know, I was thinking the same thing."